Best way to apply a Mark

Nikorisu

Artisan
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Mark ritual. My first thought was to use temporary tattoos, but in my experience, they tend to peel after a day and I’m looking for something that could easily last the whole weekend. Any suggestions?

Henna?

Honestly, Sharpie might be a good bet, depending on where the mark is. (I wouldn't be super excited about drawing on my face with one.) We recently had an event that required every player to be marked for the weekend, and Sharpie stayed on nicely.

A thorough scrubbing did it for me, though if it is stubborn, hand sanitizer also works well.

I would be careful with the Sharpie. Although they're labeled as 'non toxic' for children to use, there can be harmful effects for large areas and/or extended use and repeated application. Although a small, not really covering mark should be fine. I remember attending one game where someone covered a third of his face with sharpie and within an hour was suffering from headaches and nausea.

I believe that there are some alcohol based makeup pens out there that work just like sharpies but are meant to put designs that last onto skin. They will cost a bit more ($10-15 per pen) but if you plan on using it long term, I'd suggest looking into it.

Sharpie will also come off with nail polish remover.

Sharpie will also come off with rubbing alcohol- still not great for your skin, but possibly better than acetone/nail polish remover. Sharpies definitely work but they're also definitely not the safest in the long run. Waterproof/long wear eyeliner works really well and can be fairly inexpensive, if all you need is black.

My wife used a rubber stamp applicator, barrier spray, and tried a few different types of makeup. Your mileage varies on location with that. A good non-transferring liquid lipstick is what I think she finished with before that sorry line closed out. If you have the equipment and know when the mark would be happening, a makeup airbrush and stencil would be the best imho.

Kat VonD's liquid Tattoo eyeliner is a pain in the butt to remove even with make up remover (or at least it is for me) and it's got a fine paintbrush like tip and is in multiple colors. So that's an option too. I use it when I do a cateye liner look and that sh*t stays on all day and through sleeping if I forget to take it off.

Eye liner and a thin layer of plain liquid latex. Extend the liquid latex out away from the mark, that way if there is a little flaking or peeling around the edge then you can trim or fix the edges without losing your mark.

John

Back