Biata Language?

Hi all!

I have a friend who wants to play a Biata, and we were trying to figure out what the real-world version of the Biata Language is. We have heard that it's either Japanese or Chinese. Does anyone know for sure?

Also, are there any races that speak Japanese?

Thanks!

~Hayley

There are races (well members of races from a certain culture) that would speak Japanese and you almost caught me. I was about to list them, but you need to find out in game. :p

The Biata have their own written language which is unique and your friend can read about it in the race packet. I'll also sent some other information to her.

-Jim

Biata have no official spoken language. That's not to say that some biata some where might speak some language, but they're culture isn't based on anything "known." They are unique to nero.

That said, there are some books I've found that have a group semi-close (but by no means accurate) to biata. If your friend wants that list, get in touch.

Hmm... Yeah, me and Hayley checked online for information on the Biata language. We found this one site that said that Chinese was the Biata Language, but we were not sure if it was accurate.

So if I want that information sent to me, do I just e-mail Jim, or do I ask for it at a game day? I'm going to attend the Game day this coming Sunday, so should I bring my character background that day, or do I just e-mail it? I'm going to NPC again that day, so I don't have to have all the things ready for my character quite yet.

Thanks for the fast reply!

~Diana

Send an email in requesting the information. Go ahead and email in your background. Most first backgrounds aren't spectacular, so if they offer some criticism or ask some questions, don't be hurt. They're trying to help you make the most out of your character.

The site you got that information off of was probably international.

I'll pm you that list of books though if you want.

:cool: Thanks for being so Helpful

I'm so happy that you people are so helpful! I think most likely plot will add to my background information, but otherwise leave it unchanged. It's pretty vague at the moment, and it's short and simple. (I'm a firm believer in the idea of K.I.S.S or Keep it Simple Stupid :yyang: ). Should I include a description of my character's personality? Or should I leave people to figure it out, and just RP it? Or both?

Do I have to wait until after my character background is approved and everything before I can post in the dreamscape? Or can I introduce myself now?

What is this Earth Guild that you and Hayley are a part of? I'll probably ask Hayley about it, but I think I remember you saying she was your apprentice once, so I figure it's better to ask you. I don't know if you remember me from the November game day that I was a NPC for the first time (its Sarah right?), but you were very helpful then and I'm grateful.

Oh, BTW, sorry about asking so many things that are off the orginal topic, should I create a new thread, or is it okay to ask semi-related questions in this thread?

~Diana

You might want to include some of the incidents that built your personality in your background.

The earth guild is an IG organization. Feel free to ask Haley more. It's by no means a secret organization.

Hey Sarah are you going to be at the game day?
Jacquelyn

Sorry kiddo, no, my work sucks and I have to close... there's no way I'd make the three hour drive back to portland by 2 and be able to play at all.

Give me a couple months. I'll be moving back to Washington at the end of May.

Dreaya said:
I'm so happy that you people are so helpful! I think most likely plot will add to my background information, but otherwise leave it unchanged. It's pretty vague at the moment, and it's short and simple. (I'm a firm believer in the idea of K.I.S.S or Keep it Simple Stupid :yyang: ). Should I include a description of my character's personality? Or should I leave people to figure it out, and just RP it? Or both?

Do I have to wait until after my character background is approved and everything before I can post in the dreamscape? Or can I introduce myself now?

What is this Earth Guild that you and Hayley are a part of? I'll probably ask Hayley about it, but I think I remember you saying she was your apprentice once, so I figure it's better to ask you. I don't know if you remember me from the November game day that I was a NPC for the first time (its Sarah right?), but you were very helpful then and I'm grateful.

Oh, BTW, sorry about asking so many things that are off the orginal topic, should I create a new thread, or is it okay to ask semi-related questions in this thread?

~Diana

Indeedy, its by no means at all a "secret" organization...in fact, I'd say it's about the most public grouping there is.

And don't sweat the small stuff as for questions...as they say...the only stupid ones are the ones not asked...

Have a good one...

Spoone :D

Back