Blanketing Nationals

Feel free to also pm me as well with any questions. I won't fufill the requests until after the event.

Is there any reason why this can't be made a part of the pre-reg form? Something like

• Full Weekend PC Cabin (includes meal plan) - $125
  • Friday-Sunday PC Cabin (includes meal plan) - $100
  • Full Weekend PC Tent (includes meal plan) - $100
  • Friday-Sunday PC Tent (include meal plan) - $70
  • Full Weekend NPC (to cover food) - $20
  • Blanket a secondary character - $30
  • Gobby/Not attend - Gobby-Cost

That then loads a page where you fill out the required info and it gets auto-submitted; can even be in a standardized format that way for easier processing, and can even make fields "required" so nothing gets left blank.

I suspect the question is if Calgary players attending the Calgary event will be able to blanket the National event that occurs the same weekend.

Related, will players attending the National event be able to blanket the Calgary event?

Avaran, that makes a lot of sense. I wish we would have thought of it before. ;)
At this point though our head of plot also coded that form, he's pretty busy finishing up writing the weekend. So I don't think we will be able to make the change at this point.

I suspect the question is if Calgary players attending the Calgary event will be able to blanket the National event that occurs the same weekend.

Related, will players attending the National event be able to blanket the Calgary event?

While I believe this is the very first Nationals event to have a scheduling conflict, there is no current exception that has been announced that would allow anyone to blanket two weekend events over the same weekend.

Last edited:

No, a PLAYER can never receive credit for 2 events in the same weekend. It doesn't matter if you split it between different characters or not.

Avaran, that makes a lot of sense. I wish we would have thought of it before. ;)
At this point though our head of plot also coded that form, he's pretty busy finishing up writing the weekend. So I don't think we will be able to make the change at this point.

I have been receiving requests to blanket the National event and will continue to until September 1st. I have sent those requests into a seprate folder. As I have mentioned earlier, I wont fulfill those requests until after the event. Can't get credit for an event that hasn't happened yet.

Can we Calgary players choose to gobbie National event over our chapter event since we’d get more experience? Unfortunately I won’t be able to make either event.

Can we Calgary players choose to gobbie National event over our chapter event since we’d get more experience? Unfortunately I won’t be able to make either event.

Yes if you do not attend another event.
I would also like to point out that the national event is a "long weeeknd" so the cost is 90 goblin stamps instead of 60 but it's worth three blankets instead of two.

Thanks for the quick replies @Auric , @Gilwing , and @Lurin -- I assumed the answer remained the same "You can't do double-blanket the same period of time", but figured it worth to clarify where I felt the question was going / coming from, considering the location of the player asking. :)

Back