Blocking a doorway and charging

Alavatar

Baron
I have a rather simple question.

A person is in a hallway, roughly 3-5' wide, and they are standing fast. An enemy is running down the hallway and does not slow down. If the enemy attempts to squeeze past the person standing in the hallway are they considered charging?

Should the enemy slow down and face off against the person standing fast?

Should the enemy ask if the person accepts physical roleplay because it is probable that squeezing past may push the person standing fast out of the way?

I suspect that it would be considered charging and the enemy should not attempt to squeeze past. But, I would value some feedback.

And what if there are two people in a hallway roughly 6'-10' wide? (Assume that with gear there isn't enough room for a normal person with gear to get past the two without coming into physical contact) Would an enemy be required to slow down and confront them? Or can they blow past them?

Alavatar said:
I have a rather simple question.
Liar. You seem to have four. :)

A person is in a hallway, roughly 3-5' wide, and they are standing fast. An enemy is running down the hallway and does not slow down. If the enemy attempts to squeeze past the person standing in the hallway are they considered charging?
99% of the time, yes.

Should the enemy slow down and face off against the person standing fast?
Yes.

Should the enemy ask if the person accepts physical roleplay because it is probable that squeezing past may push the person standing fast out of the way?
They could, but should be ready for the response "No" and not look down on the other person for saying "No".

And what if there are two people in a hallway roughly 6'-10' wide? (Assume that with gear there isn't enough room for a normal person with gear to get past the two without coming into physical contact) Would an enemy be required to slow down and confront them? Or can they blow past them?
They should confront them per the rules for combat. Attempting to rush past is likely to put both parties in a dangerous situation.

Back