Boffer Crossbow

jquest716

Hi I am a new player and I was interested in making a Crossbow for my character, does anyone have the instructions of how to make one. Thanks!

I have made several. Small and large. Each are a different design, but I typically use either a pool noodle (specially for the small ones) and carve out the stock.
Then use the extra to make the crossbeam. I also cut down 2 pieces that are about 1/2 the thickness of the crossbeam as the bow string.

I will try and put together a basic pic and post this evening.

you can make it look however you want.
Just as long as your length on the buttstock to cross is within guidelines.

Here are various ones I have made:
Pistol/small crossbow - cut down pool noddle. Cross piece is 2 pieces, cut at 45` angle and attacked to stock.
100_2287.jpg

100_2286.jpg

100_2284.jpg

Large crossbow: stock is two pool noodles (no hole) stacked one over the other, then sides filled in to give extra strength. Cross piece is 1 length of pipe foam (with hole) with a few wedges cut out then bent back to give the bow look.
Largebowtop.jpg

Largebowside.jpg

so the big question, what are you making it out of? Noodle, closed cell sheet, or pipe foam?

Im going to use the pipe noodle to make it. They are cheep right now and I could buy a bunch at the dollar store so when I make a few mistakes I wont be spending too much money. Also thank-you for the pictures really helps to see what they should look like

Back