BRIEF Overview of New Guild Policies

Undrask

Scholar
Joining

The current Guild Leader sets the standards for joining their branch of their Guild, but there are standardized materials provided by the Higher Guild Authority which should set the standard for accepting new members.

Promotion

During a meeting of the Guild, or during a moment of crisis when Guild members are present, the local Guild Leader will be given the opportunity to assign Promotion Points. Each Guild member who ACTIVELY INVOLVES themselves in the meeting or event will be awarded a Promotion Point. Being physically present for a meeting or crisis does not constitute an Active status, and does not guarantee a Promotion Point.

Guild Leaders (under the guidance of the High Guild Authority) will create clear and concise guidelines to determine the standards for what constitutes an Active status so that the members they hold authority over will understand what is expected of them in order to earn the Active status. A Guild Leader must always award a Promotion Point if a member fulfills one of the standards in the Guideline. A Guild Leader may also award a Promotion Point if they feel that a Guild member was positively contributing in a way not explicitly outlined on the Guideline. In all cases of awarding Promotion Points, the reason (or reasons) for the award must be briefly described in the event report, for the purposes of auditing.

Any Guild member may, at any time, call for an audit from the Higher Guild Authority if they were present during an event or meeting and were not awarded a Promotion Point. They may also inform the Higher Guild Authority if they believe an individual was awarded a Promotion Point without warrant.

The following list describes the number of Promotion Points a member must earn to gain their promotion to that rank. The points listed are how many points the member must earn since their last promotion, not the running total of their Promotion Points. This means that in order to ascend from Initiate to Apprentice, they must have 2 Promotion points. In order to ascend from Apprentice to Journeyman, they must earn 3 MORE Promotion Points (making their total number of earned points 5).

Ranks and their required Promotion Points:
Apprentice: 2
Journeyman: 4
Tradesman: 6
Master: 6 & Thesis Work

Leadership:

All Guilds must have a designated Guild Leader which will see to it that all guild-related tasks are accomplished. This Guild Leader is appointed by the Higher Guild Authorities, and they do not need to be the highest ranking member present in order to maintain their Leader status. It is a voluntary position that can be changed at any time, or delegated to any other individual under that Guild Leader’s authority.

If no Guild Leader (or their delegated representative) is present during a period when Promotion Points would be awarded, a Guild Leader must be selected within that group or no Promotion Points will be assigned, which will delay the promotion of the Guild members present.

Guild Awards

It is possible to earn up to 2 Promotion Points during a single event: by acting as Guild Leader, or a single member can be given the Outstanding Service Award.

Any time when a Promotion Points are being awarded, the Guild Leader is automatically awarded 1 Promotion Point. It is at the Leader’s discretion whether or not they will also earn a Promotion Point for being active during the event.

The Guild Leader may also nominate a single person per event to be given the Outstanding Service Award for exceptional activity and dedication to the Guild. An individual that has been given this award will earn 1 additional Promotion Point. This person must have been proven to go above and beyond the requirements of their rank within the Guild in order to deserve this award. There must be record of why the award was given, and it is subject to audit.

Inactivity, Misconduct and Demotions

Any Tradesman who is inactive in the Guild for three consecutive months will be demoted to the rank of Journeyman. Any Master who is inactive in the Guild for three consecutive months will be demoted to the rank of Tradesman. There are no other demotions for the purposes of inactivity.

If a Guild Leader or member has witnessed inappropriate actions taken by any other member of the Guild, they are required to report these actions to Higher Guild Authority. A failure to report inappropriate actions is, in itself, an inappropriate action. Inappropriate actions will lead to demotion or even banishment from the Guild.

The following Addendums were discussed and approved during the Guild Leader's meeting:

1:
If any member of the Guild has positively contributed to the Guild BETWEEN events when Promotion Points could be awarded, during the next event they will be considered to be ACTIVE. For example, if a member was to collect goods or do research but was unable to be present during the next meeting, they would still be considered to be active for that meeting.

2:
There will be TWO times in each year when those who are eligible for promotion will be awarded their Guild Pins: the Early Spring and the Early Fall. During the long winter and hot summer, when crises is less likely to strike, the Guild Leaders will be expected to count and tally the current Promotion Points of their members, reporting them to the Higher Guild Authority so that they may prepare the pins. For technical purposes, a member is to be considered the rank they have earned enough Promotion Points to achieve, even if they do not yet have their new pin.

3:
There will be no Guild membership requirement to rank up to a higher rank; there can be any number of members of any rightfully-earned rank.

((OOG Question. If I can't make an event but cover it with a goblin blanket, would that also make me active as far as my guild is concerned? According to the rule book example:
Rule Book said:
Fred Player comes to a weekend event and plays NPCs all weekend. He earns 60 Goblin Points for doing so. He may then apply all 60 to buy Experience Points for his character as if his character were there.
The crux being "as if his chr was there", So if I was there I would have been active... ))

((OOG Question. If I can't make an event but cover it with a goblin blanket, would that also make me active as far as my guild is concerned? According to the rule book example: The crux being "as if his chr was there", So if I was there I would have been active... ))
((Blanketing doesn't count for the purposes of Guild activity, no. However, you won't be penalized for not attending, it just won't count as an Active event towards promotion.))

Back