building a throwing weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stig

Artisan
Ok so I've made cored latex weapons no problem, but now working on thrown. I get the nothing inside and weighted up to a D cell battery as just the weight of it (not putting one in it) but what could be used for weighting a thrown weapon and still be safe?
Seen how toos saying bird seed/rice but other forums frown on that. So what's the ruling for something safe? I thought maybe a hollowed space inside filled with latex?

The rules say it may not be weighed with anything hard, so bird seed and dry rice are out technically. Latex is malleable even when dry, so yes that should work.

Upvote 0
I don't think the intention is to define hard like an individual seed, so I'd personally be fine with seed filler, since we have it in packets we fling all over the place.

I think ball bearings are out, though. :p

Upvote 0
I have made some thrown weapons using open cell and coated with plasti dip. Nothing fancy just "get the job done" kinda stuff. As long as you don't apply to thick and you do one coat,dry, flip, coat, dry, flip, ect. If you lay it to thick on one side the weapon will bow as it dries and not fly strait. Bad ju ju. I will try and get some pics up of what I have done.

Upvote 0
I don't think the intention is to define hard like an individual seed, so I'd personally be fine with seed filler, since we have it in packets we fling all over the place.

I think ball bearings are out, though. :p
I agree, but if I felt something hard in a thrown weapon I'd fail it. Take that for what it's worth, as a cluster of seeds may feel hard when bound together tightly.

Upvote 0
Oh, sure. Just like a packet bound too tightly does the same. I wasn't trying to say you couldn't have an illegal thrown weapon using seed-weight, I'm saying it wouldn't be just because of the use of seeds.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I may just make a few prototypes and try em out (Not in game)

Upvote 0
Try foam. What OMG Foam?! Foam comes in many densities. Try memory foam as its denser than typical foam but still soft. coat it with the foam you use for latex weapons (a foam case that you can detail) and you have a heafty thrown weapon that still passes the guidelines for thrown weapons. No bird seed needed.

Upvote 0
that is an awesome idea

Upvote 0
That is kinda how I made some of my snowballs. Open cell foam around closed cell blue camp mat. They are heavy enough to throw relatively straight and accurately. They are wonderful!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back