Buying new skills

Elandril

Ok, so after each event we gain build points or xp? Whats the difference?
And when we do buy new skills, do we NEED to find someone to teach us them IG?
Also, how much BP/XP do we get every event?

The number of build points you have is based on your total amount of experience points. For each "experience blanket" (basically one for each day of an event*) you get a number of experience points equal to your current build total. The specifics of how it works aren't super important, so long story short, you start out getting a lot of build per event and later on you'll get more like one or two build each event. Here's a handy calculator you can play with to get a better idea of how quickly your character will grow up.

If you want to buy a new skill, you have to have someone teach you that skill IG. This doesn't apply if you're buying another rank of a skill you already have or have traded in for another skill (for instance, let's say you have 2 Weapon Proficiencies - you don't have to learn Weapon Proficiency or Critical Attack again, you can just buy the skill when you have enough build). On the other hand, you do have to have someone teach you each spell level - so if you have 4 level 1 spells, 3 level 2 spells, and 2 level 3 spells, you have to have someone teach you level 4 before you can buy the 4th level.

*You can get experience a couple different ways. The main way you'll probably do this is by attending events, which, as I said above, gets you one "blanket" per day of the event. You can also cash in 30 goblin stamps (earned by NPCing, donations to the chapter, etc) each month for an additional goblin blanket. In addition to that, you can also cash in dragon stamps, which are the national equivalent of goblins, for one dragon blanket each month. The easiest way to get these, short of serving in some sort of national staff position, is to donate props or costuming for the upcoming national event.

Bonus points: Check this bad boy out!

http://caldaria.com/buildcalc.html

I used to use it to figure out in what order I wanted to spend my build. I'd probably use it again if I was making a new character.

Back