Call to arms

BtB

Spellsword
Young Masters and Mistresses,

I write to implore you to come and help rid the lands of Valdanis (oog Traverse City) of an evil scourge. Two weeks hence(oog June 4,5 and 6), we seek to deliver the dragon known as Terror to his eternal rest. Your aid is welcome and appreciated. I have a small manor home and some lands that you are welcome to stay at and enjoy my hospitality. Please let me know if you are coming and let me know what you might need to help fight this foe. I will make a special offer, the things I make, alchemy, potions, scrolls and black smithed items I will offer at 125% what they cost me to make. This is 25% less than what I normally charge and 75% less than what most other merchants charge. Please give me your orders as soon as possible so that I may fill them. It is first come first served. May I suggest purify and cure mortal wound potions. Just to give you an idea normally it costs me 4 silver to make one purify potion. Most merchants sell them for 8 silver each, I normally sell them for 6 silver. For this market day because of our need and desire to have all outfitted as best we can I am offering them at 5 silver each, same goes for cure mortal wounds.

Many blessings,
BtB

you're gonna kill a dragon? what for?

Tempesta

This is not just any dragon. It is Terror, the Elder Dragon of Chaos and Lightning. He has plagued our towns, people and animals far too long. He sees people as pawns, food or worse. If you wish to know more, come to our lands and find out for yourself.

Many blessings,
BtB

Have care, creature. None such should be taken lightly. Should any mortal, any fifty mortals, undertake to defeat one such unprepared to stand firm in the face of obliteration, they shall fall, and so shall all who rely upon them. How much, truly, does your Terror cost you? Are you prepared now to pay it ten times over when you fail? You cannot hope to actually win. You cannot dare to defeat him. Without one hundred and more warriors and scholars of extraordinary virtue, you cannot and shall not prevail. Should the wyrm you challenge fall beneath the blades of anything less, it has allowed itself to do so. Beware all the more.
I do not wish you luck; wisdom and a change of heart would serve your families far better. Twiceborn of the Deadlands, do not go. Your homes cannot bear the weight of even the chance of this following you back.

-T

You made it to the tavern to write on the wall? Wow, you really are getting stronger. Soon the spells will start flying (if they haven't already).

~Sun~

Oh yes, Bob, I thought I should clue you in a little. First, it's been far too long since I've been able to travel to Valdanis and I am sorry about what happened when I asked how people were. I do plan on helping with that issue. Now, one could say you struck a chord with "T" and I suggest you at the very least reread what he has written. He would without a doubt know what he is talking about.

~Sun~

Young Masters and Mistresses,

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate you speaking for "T," Sun, for I do not give weight normally to a strangers words. I have read and re-read the message and as much as I would like to wait for 100 warriors and 100 scholars to swoop down from the sky to save us, this is not our reality. Terror keeps toying with us and like it or not he is coming!!!

Thank you for your words, but your action is what we needed,
many blessings,
BtB

Never underestimate the power of a small group of people to change the world. In fact, it is the only way it ever has.

BtB

Back