Calling all NPCs

I'd offer, but I won't be coming up for game. Going to see to it that those sticks get a shot at going out that way, though.

I'm having an extended debate with myself over wether or not to do a stint. The make-up for Durl is extensive (and now applied in three stages) but really it only takes 20 minutes or so. Is this a specific 4-6 hour block you could use extra npc muscle during?

and if they are goblins or orcs Dave your fine :D unless I seriously misunderstand your makeup :|

You do indeed seriously misunderstand the new Durl :D

Whenever you guys need an NPC, just lemme know. I don't mind doing the twelve hour shifts if you're short handed.

~J

:p way to make me look bad Jesse!...jerk :D

I think we will find a use for everyone who wants to npc. And I would not worry so much about makeup there is a lot planned so we can fit something in so you will not have to change much. :) I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Amanda

I would have issues beating the tar out of a 14 year old...just saying (though I assume that you don't mean in combat roles)

Marcena said:
Is 14 the minimum age to NPC in Chicago like it is in TC?

We do not have an age minimum. Younger than 18 is judged on a case-by-case basis, with Paul having the final word.

Also, to participate, in any fashion, a signed waiver must be on file with myself, with a parent's signature.

Kevar said:
I would have issues beating the tar out of a 14 year old...just saying (though I assume that you don't mean in combat roles)

I would have concerns about a 14-year-old's ability to stay safe despite being in a simulated violent situation, but then it's not my chapter. I just prefer that if people are going to NPC against me, they're not going to be legitimately scared if my fighting style is intimidating. Paul's call, of course. :)

Kiefer,

I agree with you. I do allow NPC pages and whatnot for certain roles which are not meant for combat. I'll allow a page with a parent supervising at a pretty young age... but by themselves for the weekend? I think that would make me less comfortable.

What Rob mentioned was a sliding scale is that until 16 I wont allow a person to step off the street and begin play unless special circumstance permits me to beleive that they are mature enough to handle full play. We've had 2 instances where a sibling of an established player came to PC and was under 16 and allowed to play in both cases they had a sibling there and a good grasp on the rules and seemed mature enough to handle the game. Also in both cases, they were encouraged to PC their first event so they could stick by their sibling, have a support structure, be more comfortable, and not get run ragged ( I ask no more of my NPCs than I do of myself each event... this can be too much for a first timer :) ).

First Time players play for free and get to experience the game from its original intended angle. Not to mention, when they play in Chicago, they get the best darn network of experienced, kind, and mature players I could possibly hope to wish for to show them the ropes on everything from stick fighting and spellcasting to bringing extra pairs of socks and bribing the Marshals :p

Thanks,

Paul

You know it!

As a note, my sister was only 15, and she played just fine.

Yes, I was there to supervise her all weekend, but really. It's more about maturity level than anything.

Your sister was one of the afformentioned folks. She was surrounded all weekend by players willing to help her and was indeed quite mature.

I'm less worried about ages for PCs as I am for NPCs.

Alex, the other aforementioned 15 year old, and I will be able to make this event. I believe he wants to stick w/ PC'ing it, but just holler when you need an NPC, I'll be there.

As Paul stated, I really believe it's more maturity than age. My little brother loved NPC'ing the last time he came out to the point he didn't bother finishing his character write-up. Partially, it's because he's the youngest in a family of gamers, and like Anthony( my other younger brother) and I, he has been gaming since a young age.

Anyway, I can't wait to see everyone there! I've been missing Alliance like crazy.

- Jaz

Back