Camp site accommodations

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
High guys I know that each cabin has running water, but, what other facilities are available? I want to plan ahead as far as packing.
• Are there built in cabin cots? Like in T.C.; or should we bring our own.
• Is there electricity in the cabins?
• Can we burn candles if we want? You can’t in Chicago but, you can in T.C.
• Are there bathrooms in the cabins? Or are they outside?
• Is there a shower that we can use? Even if you have to walk a distance?
• Are there microwaves?
• Can we bring our own food and put it in the fridge? Or should we just bring ice? (In case I get the midnight /early morning munchies/ I also sometimes do not agree with food in some chapters, we fight and I usually loose. :( )

Thanks,
Amanda

Sorry for the delayed response, I was attempting to get all the info, here's what I am sure of.

1. There are no built in cots, We have two single room cabins for players, Matresses are available and already inside the cabins.
2. All cabins have electricity, as well as Gas or wood heaters (not that it'll be a big deal in the summer time)
3. Careful use of candles should be fine, but we will be asking that if you light a flame, you make sure you do no leave it unattended
4. The Npc Cabin, and the Main 'Tavern' have indoor bathrooms, with running water, there are a number of latrine structures throughout the site.
5. There is a shower facility within the camp structure, but it is outside our area and I'm still working on finding out whether this will be available for our use or not. Should these be available it will likely involve a very long walk, or very short drive to another section of camp.
6. We'll have at least one microwave on site assuming one of our wonderful staff members reminds me to bring it...
7. You are welcome to bring your own food, however our refridgerated storage available on site is very limited, if we have extra space you'll be welcome to store your food in the refridgerator, but I expect there will be little to no extra room until at least after saturday breakfast, although if you have specific concerns about food, please include them on the provided section of the pre-reg and we (meaning Ryan, trust me, nobody wants me to do the cooking) will do our best to accomodate you.

Update to number 7 - I've confirmed that we have an additional 'kitchen' in our NPC cabin, however since we have never used such a large portion of this campsite before I have no idea how much extra storage space this will give us.

Dave,
Thanks for the information. It is a hudge help.
Amanda

so much help there's an extra 'd'!!!

Dave,

Can we get a basic idea of the planned tavern menu so those folks with special dietary restrictions can plan around em?

Paul

I suppose that means I need to put a menu together, eh?

Basically, there will be:

Snacks on Fri night
Breakfast on sat morning
snacks during the day, and
Dinner on sat night

I generally will try and have a vegetarian option as well as a meat-lovers option for dinner. I will post more details after I figure out a game plan.

If you have any dietary restrictions I encourage you to note it on your pre-reg.

-Ryan

What about actual sleeping? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm over 30 and I don't do very well on less than 6 hours sleep...and I do even less well if I have to share space with people.

If you have trouble sleeping with other people near-by you may wish to bring a tent, Unfortunately we've yet to find a campsite with private accomodations for players.

Menu for this weekend:

Fri evening:
General Snacks

Sat Morning:
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon and maybe a breakfast surprise or two! :)

Sat Afternoon:
General Snacks

Sat Evening:
Build your own tacos
Available fixings will be: soft tortillas, ground beef, refried beans, cheese, onions, green peppers, tomoatoes, sour cream, salsa, and maybe some jalapenos

Sun Morning:
Random bits of whatever is left over

Dr_Chill said:
Menu for this weekend:

Fri evening:
General Snacks

Sat Morning:
Scrambled Eggs and Bacon and maybe a breakfast surprise or two! :)

Sat Afternoon:
General Snacks

Sat Evening:
Build your own tacos
Available fixings will be: soft tortillas, ground beef, refried beans, cheese, onions, green peppers, tomoatoes, sour cream, salsa, and maybe some jalapenos

Sun Morning:
Random bits of whatever is left over

ONIONS!.....we meet again my old foe

Sounds tastey Mr.Buhrke

Back