Can LCO items be changed in other chapters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cúangol

Artisan
Hi,

Say I bring an LCO item from one chapter (say Gettysburg/Barran) to another where it is allowed (say San Francisco), and I cast a non-LCO ritual on it (say Transfer Enchantment). Does it work?

IG I assume that it will work, and that the enchantments will travel back to the original chapter (Gettysburg/Barran), and any other chapters which accept LCOs.

OOG I assume that logistics of San Fran would have to tell logistics at Gettysburg to make the new tag, since I'm assuming San Fran can't make an LCO gettysburg tag. This is the crux, which is why I am asking. Maybe LCO items which are accepted by other chapters cannot be effected while they are there?

Thanks,
Patrick

LCO (Local Chapter Only) rituals may have odd interactions with Restricted rituals. In general, it is safe to assume the following when taking an LCO item which was constructed in Chapter A to Chapter B:

- If an LCO item is accepted outside of its originating chapter, the item should be accepted as a whole, not partially. Chapter B will generally accept the entire item or none of the item's rituals at all from Chapter A.

- If an LCO item is the target of one or more additional rituals while in a "foreign" chapter, a new LCO tag should be generated which points to the same physrep # or a new # which is engraved on the item. Example: While in Chapter B, an LCO item originating from Chapter A gets another batch of rituals added. A new tag should be generated from Chapter B pointing to the same physrep # already on the item or a new # which must be added to the item.

- LCO items, once accepted, are treated as standard ritual items for all purposes. This means that if they are targeted with a ritual such as Destroy Magic or Transfer Enchantment those rituals will work as specified. Note that transferred LCO rituals will always result in LCO rituals.

As a caution, LCO items traveling are always up to the purview of the accepting chapter. You may have slightly different results based on the accepting chapter than what is listed above. It is always best to have a conversation with both the originating chapter and the accepting chapter when taking an LCO item from one chapter to another if you are unsure about any of the above.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back