Carried bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxIrons

Knight
Marshal
In this thread ( http://alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16985 ) it was mentioned that

Polare said:
...always keep in mind that players creating a safety issue by intentionally interposing a "carried" body between themselves and an attacker may be cited by a Marshal for a safety infraction.

I have seen this done, and for the sake of fairness have done this as well with people who are in a Prison. Does this then mean that this tactic is actually a safety violation, and if so, how should it be handled? For example if Mungo the Fighter is in the front line and a Prison sticks, Magus in the back should not use him as a human shield by what was said... but should instead move to either side of him?

I think Brian means that to grab someone who's incapacitated and use them as a human shield should be done with the safety of the attacker, the shield and the attackee at the forefront of the mind. If that word is even English.

The person being the shield has every right to call a hold if they feel that the situation is unsafe, and if a player knowingly (and especially repeatedly!) puts someone in a dangerous position, chapter staff have every right to issue a warning, or remove the person from participating in combat situations.

Upvote 0
Were I the Marshal on the spot I would rule "Attackee" is not a word.

Adjudicate if you like after the event.

On topic, I think Phedre is interpreting correctly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back