Carrying Bodies - Targeting of Effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

beboped

Rogue
Marshal
I'd love to get a ruling from ARC (or an owner vote, if necessary) on the right handling of a non-permanently dead body being hit with an attack while being carried. (ref http://alliancelarp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16985) As far as I can tell there are two contradictory rulings possible from the current rulebook:
1) If an attack hits a held possession, then the carrier takes the effect.
2) If an attack hits a body with a spirit, that body takes the effect.

Which one is the owner's intention, or is the correct ruling some combination of the two?

Re: Carrying Bodies

This post is to inform you that your question is currently being discussed by the ARC and once some clarification has been made will be posted here. Depending on the level of clarification and discussion (and potential involvement of the Owners or other national staff, if needed) this may take time.

Re: Carrying Bodies

A dead body will always count as a possession unless targeted by spirit effects (such as a Life spell, a Shatter Spirit, or an Obliterate). As such, the carrier of such a dead body must resolve effects that dead body takes (excluding spirit effects). Physical attacks against the dead body will count as they would any other unwielded possession; i.e. they will count as a valid strike if the attack would have hit the target were the body not there to block the attack.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back