Channeling HM Abilities

Banradi

Adept
Hi All,

Just a few questions based off of what I see in the playtest packet.

1) If I choose Channeling Shield or Channeling Execution and a have both a primary and secondary school channeling pool, do these abilities count towards it since this is listed as "General" high magic, or should this be school specific?
2) The rules text quotes Higher Manifestation as 3 High Magic points, while the chart puts it at 4. Which one of these is accurate?
3) Higher Manifestation is listed in the rules text as needing to be from the appropriate school, but listed as general high magic in the table. Which is correct?

Last edited:
Edited #1 and added question #3

I believe the intent is that any General High Magic must be tied to one school or the other at the time of purchase; though the packet doesn't specify (at least that I recall), I suspect that the costs listed are for your primary school, and the costs for your secondary school will be higher (similar to the way spells are done) come the final rulebook.

It's also possible that you might need 75 XP in a particular school to apply High Magic to it, but that seems overly restricted to me.

The answer I was given last time I asked for clarification was that General High Magic abilities count as whichever school you are spending the High Magic points from. So if you have both Earth and Celestial high magic, you could opt to spend High Magic on Higher Manifestation for one or the other, and it would work for whichever channeling pool matches the school those High Magic points came from.

No ARC response yet on the clarification on cost for Higher Manifestation, though. I asked in the prerelease questions a day or two ago. :)

Unless otherwise specified, High Magic abilities that refer to a Channeling Pool can use only a Channeling Pool of the same Aspect.

In other words, if you want Channeling Execution for all possible elements, you need to buy it once with Celestial HM and one with Earth HM.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Back