Character creation

Hello, I'm Spencer! I'm a player here in SF!

The people who will best be able to help you is the logistics staff- they handle keeping track of your character sheet in their own database which they print out for each game. They can help you build your character and get started. Their email is logisticsasf@gmail.com

Personally, I always recommend NPCing (volunteering to play the monsters essentially- it's free and you get points towards a future character!) for your first game because that way you can get a sense of the world and the game, and you get a chance to try out a number of different weaponry combinations and fighting styles to see what feels best for you. Not everyone does that though, and there is a rule that new players get one free complete rewrite of their character after their first game so if you make a character right away and it turns out you want to change something, you can!

Having a basic idea of the kind of character you want to play when you email logistics is helpful- then logistics can help you use the rules to most closely create that character. Starting characters get 15 'build points' which can be used to purchase skills off of the tables in the rulebook- logistics can help you put those into the most practical places.

I'm super excited to meet you and your fiance!

-Spencer

Just a couple of updates for anyone finding this message now:

The current email address for logistics is logistics@alliancesf.net.

The starting build for new players has been raised to 25.

Everything else Spencer said still stands!

Back