character tracker stuff

My home chapter NJ set me up with access to my character and membership info at http://www.alliancecharacter.com/
this is nice as I can see my character and GS and all kinds of usefull stuff
who do I talk too for the information from other chapters being sent and granting me access?
like my HQ info being set up ;)

Frank W

Frank Wiccan said:
My home chapter NJ set me up with access to my character and membership info at http://www.alliancecharacter.com/
this is nice as I can see my character and GS and all kinds of usefull stuff
who do I talk too for the information from other chapters being sent and granting me access?
like my HQ info being set up ;)

Frank W

We're working on it. There are a lot of problems we have to work out first.

The biggest problem is updating that takes place during an event that cannot be immediately uploded to the web page, and the problem of two chapters trying to update someone at the same time and so on.

But we're working on it.

i remember talking about this with you and mike E at yer house the one time mike. yeah, there's alot of things that need to be considered to make that a reality. i am glad you guys are taking the time to really think about all the potential problems before implementing a change like that.

i think one possible solution would be a national database (web based) that would hold all of the chracters for all chapters. but that's a big f-in project with everyone trying to come to an agreement on it. I can't get 4 people on the same board of directors, of the same company, in the same room to agree on database issues, so good luck with that.

then of coarse you'd need to make sure every chapter was able to have access to the internet at each logistics period.. fun fun fun.

Robb Graves said:
i remember talking about this with you and mike E at yer house the one time mike. yeah, there's alot of things that need to be considered to make that a reality. i am glad you guys are taking the time to really think about all the potential problems before implementing a change like that.

i think one possible solution would be a national database (web based) that would hold all of the chracters for all chapters. but that's a big f-in project with everyone trying to come to an agreement on it. I can't get 4 people on the same board of directors, of the same company, in the same room to agree on database issues, so good luck with that.

then of coarse you'd need to make sure every chapter was able to have access to the internet at each logistics period.. fun fun fun.

Yeah, that's a major problem. Usually the camps aren't set up for internet access, so there really can't be one central database that everyone logs into.

Back