Cheap hotels in Chicago?

mythic

Baron
Hi folks!

MY GF and I will be joining you fine folks for the September event. We fly in Thursday night and are in need of some advise on where to stay in Chicago. Basically, I have never been in Chicago so the hotels (and I'm getting places like Elk Grove and Arlington as "near Chicago" for cheap hotels) are kind of a shot in the dark. We will be coming in from O'Hare Airport, so something that is close to that?

Are there places to avoid?

Thanks! And see you folks in about 3 weeks! :thumbsup:

So what exactly is your plan? Find a hotel for Thur? then hit the event and leave Sunday straight from the event to the airport? If you are just looking for a hotel for the one night then pm me and you can probably just crash at my place. I might be able to help come get you and bring you back to the airport too. Let me know.

Just may take you up on the crashing part. We will be getting a car for the weekend. We have some running around to do in Chicago as well.

Can anyone tell me where there is a fabric store that carries Simplicity patterns? The only place in Calgary that brought them in is no longer doing so. Gwen needs about a dozen new patterns and shipping to Canada is $60 for them.

As well, anyone know where to get Plasti-Dip? I need the 220z cans of Clear.

Thanks again!

you live in Canada? Best bet is to wait for JoAnnes to have a simplicity sale. Couple of times a year they run it and patters are like 2-3 dollars. tool dip can be ha at home depot, ace hardware, menards, and lows off the top of my head.

Any of the big fabric stores should have simplicity patterns. Hobby Lobby stores also have them. If you are lucky, they may be on sale for about $1 a pattern. This week only McCalls is on sale. If you wanted them at that price and they aren't on sale when you are down here, I'd be happy to send them to you. $60 for shipping is ridiculous.

For the Plasti-Dip, Chris is right. Hardware stores around here will carry it.

-Daphne

Not exactly close to O'Hare, but I'm a manager at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Naperville. Give me the exact dates of your planned stay and I could get you a good rate.

hjordan2814 said:
Not exactly close to O'Hare, but I'm a manager at the Baymont Inn & Suites of Naperville. Give me the exact dates of your planned stay and I could get you a good rate.

Coming in Thursday night. Just the one night then out to the site on Friday.

Could get you a Queen or 2 bed room for $40. Only downside is we're about 40 minutes away from O'Hare. Just let me know if you need it.

we'll take it! One Queen please! We land around 8:13pm so ETA to the hotel would be 9:30pm

Just message me your full name and I'll put one on hold for you.

I should mention that anyone else is welcome to the same deal if they need a room. Just message me your name, date(s) of stay and if 1 or 2 beds is needed.

Back