Chicago Aug Faves!

OMG I am soooooooooo tired. I am hardly dragging my butt out of bed for work today and my hands hurt just typing this....anyone else have that post LARP coma/itis?

I still havent gotten my head on straight from the weekend but thanks to Thomas, Nate, Ryan and all those who NPCed for your great efforts contributing to plot. We kept you guys up way past your bedtime but you fought on like champs.

Thanks also to Rob D, Daphne, Ranee, Rave, Dannielle and Vicki for all your help making sure game actually gets there, people get food, cards are there and treasure gets repped.

I am exhausted but will be posting faves on here in a bit... anyone else?

Great event, Thank You NPCS

I definately got the itis,

In no specific order a few favorite moments I can remember:
-Davids/Hags Milkshake brought all the adventurers to the yard,
-Starting a man hunt for Enan by rifting him out, and Jehan howling for him
-Bendy Posey time the two or three times it happened
-Gorka demanding my bells cause we had to sneak...
-Bad Wolfs Heroism
-Kendras Sacrifice for Gorka, wish I actually was there for the rp
-Maglin breathing chocolate and choking chocolate
-My attempt to train Kendra with chocolate...going to need more chocolate next time.
-The burgers were amazing...
-Finally the cavern mod and all the rp after words of hot tempers and apologeticness...
-One more finally, Nelles epic speech concluded by the Baron walking in...

I was only there half the event, but I had a couple favorite moments...

RP with the hag, with the two of us trying to pump each other for information, turning into really awkward flirting
Bucky's perp walk, and the conversation with him after

Awesome Event!!! Thank you NPCs, Plot and everyone for my first event.

Definitely when I got home i was exhausted but had to push through it.

I had quiet a bit of favorites

-The great Stagg hunt with getting gored in the back but then getting my last name from Kendra
-Being Bendy poseied
-The food for the dinner was so so so good!!!
-Mac and Cheese was delicious i dont even remember the cup lasting more than 10sec in my hand haha
-The belly dancing was quiet the show another round of applause for that one
-Although i was an NPC for it the Gnoll's attacking the town was a bunch of fun haha
-The hunting of the Duke of Buckland fight in the woods was great!!!
-Fighting alil bit of the shadow before they got to the plane
-And first testing my shield skills with Not at the begining of the Market day.
-tasting chocolate spider eggs

I can say that I also have post LARP-itis. Now on to what I'm here for!

Having almost all of Lifestorm there was awesome.
Kit and I having to "jump" the draw bridge to get to Enan's keep in time to hunt Bucky.
Being allowed to be the person to set the wall of force that kept the dark dwarves at bay.
Late night Village saving with Jehan and others.
Sunday morning dragon grave yard.
Aubrey's speech to the town (maybe next time we can hear the end of it).
Bucky in transit to holding cell.
Foss running off when heard someon say something about animals cover in cherries.
Guiding Enan's spirit back to the land of the living and returning his items.
Getting to NPC one of Enan's "slaves".
Badwolf throwing himself out to save the rest of the group (Epic).

I know I'm probably missing something. It really was fun and good to see everyone.

Pieces,

-Daphne-

My body is completely drained and the second I got home I fell on the matress. Good times. Speaking of good times, this weekend was a blast. Thanks for all the PCs that hopped fence for a few mods; it really made those specific mods more epic.

First off, the Barbarian who jumped from the Spirit Walk to block the incoming Buckland guards from stopping the walk was amazing. That is definitely the way to go out like a Champ your first game. Also, Alysha can run.

My favorites, from a plot POV:
- All pieces of the Monster Summit. It was amazing to see how each person/team that had info approached the situation, shared with other PCs and decided on various courses of action and how that ultimately affected future scenarios.
- Bucky Guard RP while the PCs were eating. My favorite part of the entire weekend! 30 minutes of waiting for PCs, and we each fully RP'ed a random guard, each had a background, and just had great RPing. Glad to have Marsters, Kaylin and Gorka join in as well.
- Josh's Troll Sign. That was so cool! Definitely helped the atmosphere.
- David doing the Hag Dream perfectly and 1on1 with Marsters
- Shadow in the Sky RP with Shadow's Light. Always good conversation...and profit.
- Burgers + Salad
- Seeing a different side of Kendra, the tribal leader diplomatic sort.
- The moment when a PC puts every little piece/hint of a plotline together and has that "Ah ha" moment.

-Ryan

Twas an excellent time, and I thank the PCs and especially NPCs for making it happen! Some of my favorites, in no particular order:
  • Storing in the Dragonglass Golem for the undead fight! It was super fun to rock the super-golem, but I was SO close to rezzing during that fight a few times!
  • Summit negotiations. That could have gone better, but could have gone MUCH worse. And that troll sign was AMAZING!
  • Getting Kendra!
  • The look on Nathan's face when I chucked my Death Storm at him when he dispelled my Prison as the Golem: Priceless. :noway:
  • Speaking with the Shadow in the Sky, especially after hearing Gorka's glowing report prior.
  • Standing in the middle of the tavern with Raven with every NPC pressing his or her face against the screens and whooping at us as loud as they could, especially with the tavern echo and reverberation. "I think I've found the most annoying thing ever."
  • Talking with Kendra, Gorka, and Gnot prior to the Summit negotiations, making fun of "Gnollneck", etc. ;)
  • Getting refits from Maglin (even though I could refit myself)!
  • Dragon bone fight on Sunday morning.
  • NPCing a dark dwarf on Saturday night was a lot of fun.
  • The banquet Saturday night. I usually find burgers to be disgusting, but that was the BEST burger I've ever had. Thank you so much to all of you who helped with food!
  • Hanging out with Nathan, Kyle, and Andrea late Saturday night. Good times.

Surely there's more, but I'm really tired still.

I had a blast NPCing this weekend and I could name just about every mod as a favorite, so I'll just put this out there:

WOOP! WOOP! WOOP! WOOP! WOOP! WOOP! WOOP! WOOP!

:thumbsup:

This was definitely a fun event! Second time NPCing for me and it definitely went very well! Here's some of my faves in no particular order!

-landing a 110 slay on Jehan's back and almost landing a terminate on Xander in his Golem!! Freaking loved playing a Death Jester!!
-the wooping heard around the campsite from the gnoles-holy crap was it loud!!
-Danielle "wait, what are we? Nobles?" "no, your gnoles" good job yells!
-waking up and going to monster camp Sunday morning and it's just me and Thomas. We start talking and both realize that we have no voices and can barely walk!
-playing different bone dragons and fighting with Eve-she's a damn good blocker!!
-mastermind mod with the spell strike undead- "spell strike cause wounds" (everyone backs up) "spell strike cure wounds" (people rushing forward)
-being part of bucky's guard and our gambling rp-sooooo fun!!
-the hillbilly mountain people getting taken from their home, scattering when goblins came after us, and making Enan so mad because of it! "Where's grand-pa?!"
"where's Jed grandpa?" "Jed's dead" "what?! Where?" "I don't know, I didnt like him anyway"
-bugbear mistress and chieftain Kendra-had a lot of fun and I don't think I did too bad with the rp for my first time!
-the several different stages of Dave's old hag-that was so freaking hilarious!!
-having a better 6-pack than Peter-his disappoint almost made me feel bad!! :p

I'm sure there was a lot more, but I can't think anymore! Can't wait for next event!!

Hi all. I am so happy to have gone to your wonderful game once more. I had a ball. There was so much that I liked at the game that all I can say is YOU ALL RULE !!!.. Thank you all so much for making Gnot (Arron), Maglin (Kim) and myself, Don't (Dawn) feel at home.

NPC thank you so much (and those who double hooked) for being understanding of my paging issue. I hope to be at full bouncy running Don't by next game.

I have to say I seen the most amazing, made me stop and clap thing from the NPCs. On the cave mod I was casting lots of disarms. I hit Tim (I think it was you) he tossed his sword over his head and it flew over and behind him and the NPC behind him. The NPC behind Tim cought it behind his back and then posed.... It was such a OMG momment. Never seen anyting like it at any game before, wish I had it on film.

PCs lets just say the RP was wonderful and you all rock !!!

Here is my quick list of things:
1. Rezzing for the first time. Yes that was fun and funny.
2. Kibbitsing in the back with Gorka (sorry if I spelled your name wrong). "Look a bear butt"
3. Seeing Time and Space... Oh my
4. Shatter, disarm and distory storm (not really a storm but I have lots of them) on the cave mod and the look on the NPC dwarfs face when they ran out of weapons.
5. Sneaking on the cave mod and trying very hard to keep Don't quiet.
6. Counting toes.... Alot. (Ya know, bowing to them nobles) and trying not to make jokes at the nobles.

I could go on. It was a blast. We will try and come back again soon. If ya all don't mind having us.

Ok, a bit of sleep and about 2 gallons of water later I am starting to feel like a human being so time for a few faves:

-The RP from several people this weekend was fantastic and most of the time people stayed IG at all times, that really added to the atmosphere and to my RP when I could PC so thanks for everyone making the effort.
-I loved RPing Jehan's slow descent into were-madness...the barely contained anger, which foiled well with Gandian's own Fiery issues.
-Jehan "I always wanted to be a healer... just took 3 spirit stored golems, 30 levels of formal, and and artifact wand" Gnot " So you took the easy path?" :p LOL that made me crack up.
- The great RP with Enan, so much conflicting emotion. Fear and Determination are great plot tools for people to tell stories and DG you have a well crafted character with Enan, loved the Bear/Wolf RP, the RP regarding the dinner, and from an NPC side the dinner itself.
- The Dinner RP and conversations, both pre and post arrest, I like playing Bucky because he's not a good guy, not a bad guy either, just a determined hobling with flaws and good traits..it makes him hard to like, but hard to hate too.
-I really enjoyed adding depth to the Spine Dwarf war, giving PCs hints on what they could do, and having a bad guy that doesn't want to be what he is. The Geist RP turned out pretty good and was set to a good backdrop of danger everywhere around them. NPCs did a great job setting the tone of the
-Crawling around the cave was fantastic, the quick RP with the death jester before killing it, the wholesale undead slaughter, recovering Gnot through a gauntlet of bad guys, having to do it a second time, then all of us getting out alive, even though i lost a couple of MIs was totally worth it.
-Gathering the darkness motes, the mod was pretty simple but the mechanic which had us rushing to make out own lofty goal was very cool and take a lot of chances.
-I loved the rumors, both true and false.
- RP with Kendra...Egads we are not gonna be good friends are we? :D

My best moment of the weekend though was the RP of teaching Foss to read magic. I love me some good old extended magic theory rp.

Coffee.Squirrel said:
I have to say I seen the most amazing, made me stop and clap thing from the NPCs. On the cave mod I was casting lots of disarms. I hit Tim (I think it was you) he tossed his sword over his head and it flew over and behind him and the NPC behind him. The NPC behind Tim cought it behind his back and then posed.... It was such a OMG momment. Never seen anyting like it at any game before, wish I had it on film.

I do wish I could of seen this take place. All I remember is looking at the biggest OMG face I've ever seen. Thomas didn't even know what happened until you pointed it out. :)

AllianceCHI said:
I like playing Bucky because he's not a good guy, not a bad guy either, just a determined hobling with flaws and good traits..it makes him hard to like, but hard to hate too.
After Bucky personally informed Gandian that he was going to be sending 50 of his finest scouts past the borders of Wayside in search of the Corrupt a few days after the banquet, it took a lot of determination for Gandian to go along with everything that happened that night. ;)

Had a great time this weekend. Some of my favs,

Being a hillbilly. It was awesome annoying the PCs and running around like crazy. I honestly thought Enan was going to say screw it and just start killing us. Want to thank my inbreed NPC family, hope you guys had as much fun as i did.

Being a guard. someone started speaking with a british accent then everyone just caught on, and the next thing i knew we were gambling. Good times guys. I will donate some dice and cards to monster camp for next time we are all guards.

Me and Brittany helping Dave with his knee slappers. The best NPC of the weekend.

Badwolf, you have my lasting respect for your noble action.

I saw Brittany and Brianna taking pictures, how can i get some copies of those?

Hope to see you all this September!!

Josh

- Getting beat down and KB not even 15 mins after game on and thinking- OMG Am I going to Resurrect already?! This is gonna be a LONG weekend. HAHA!
- FINALLY using one of my sacrifices on my Item for Gorka. (Sorry Dave G. I REALLY wanted the RP XD)
- Bad Wolf honest heroism! Proudest tribesman moment ever. You keep that last name, you deserve it.
- Dave's Hag. Hilarious. Wish I could of seen Eric's interaction with the hag!
- Getting a Family. And all of the touching moments that followed. DAW GUYS!
- Chieftain Kendra of the Gouged Eye Bugbear Clan :twisted: And all the RP/Fighting it took to make that statement true!
- Getting to show that "different side" of Kendra to the Bugbear Mistress. ;)
- Crawling around in the cave. Best game of red-light/ green-light ever. Haha
- Hiding from the Gnolls (Running off in the woods) and watching as the Gnolls attacked the town OOG. Good job NPCs!
- Summit mod.
- The spell striking things. It was funny to try and get hit with the right one. "Spell Strike Cause Mortal Wounds...Spell Strike Cure Mortal Wounds" "Hey guys, I soo got this one!"
-Pictures! I WANT.

I had an amazing first event in Chicago. I can't wait to come back.

Onto my favorites,
~Meeting all you wonderful people.
~Rezzing for the first time...is the story supposed to be scary?
~Finally getting Arcane armor. I feel like I'm useful during fights now.
~Lydia giving me a quick run down on etiquette for sitting at the head table.
~RP with Keallit...that one is still sinking in.
~Seeing Dave Cheek play the hag. That was priceless.
~The Dragon grave yard.
~Taking Enan's sword for a good portion of the weekend.
~Having my own backpack healer for a little bit. :D
~Getting left behind in the spirit walk and out running fifty soldiers...Jingle, jingle, jingle, silence. :ninja:

There was many more I just can't think of them at the moment. :pinch:

Hey all! Tim (sasha the gypsy) here! Gonna be coming as a new PC this Sept. But just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made Sasha feel like one of you.

Woo! I'm a registered board member! Anyhow, sorry for tossing in late on this one, but here's my list of faves from the event:

-Meeting everyone on my first day and then being thrust into the geist encounter (and witnessing Paul's excellent commitment)
-Being genuinely nervous as undead attacked the cabin, and poor Dont dissipating :(
-My first lower level mod against the bug bears and then the subsequent fight against the bear and Gremlin(s) "Ow! Ow! Ow! I like the light...ooo! Ow!"
-Hanging with the NPCs and getting to know our enemies.
-Being a knoll! YIP YIP YIIIIIIP!
-The guard NPC gambling and laughing our buns off at "Josh the Old Guy Guard"
-The teeny tiny tie!
-The best damn Mac n' Cheese ever.
-Dinner...OMG garlic buns...
-Rambo-ing through the woods with Paul as Bucky and his guard...epic sneaking!
-Soooo many characters I want to mention, but a HUGE, GIGANTIC thank you, both in-game and out, to everyone who was so friendly, patient, and welcoming to an ultra-noob like me!

Fav exchange of the weekend, from when I was sitting in a circle of power, after everyone else left the nightmare plane:

Hag: "You know I'm the naughty sister...."
Me: "You know there's a reason I carry so much rope..." (with a straight face)
(at this point, the plot team members, and the NPC lose it)

:twisted:

Back