Children's Event Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiddickDale

Knight
New Hampshire Staff
Chief Publicity and Digital Content Officer
I have some basic questions. Feel free to tell me to come back later if you haven't decided on these things yet.

1. When you refer to Chapherones in the fee section are you referring to ANY parent who brings their child to the event? or are you referring specifically to parent's who bring their children but do not actively participate in the game?
2. You mention a more grown up themed game running after dusk. Are there recommendations for what to do with presumably sleepy children during that time? Will there be a place for them to sleep while they wait to go home?
3. Can adults bring characters with their children that are OVER the traditional Crossroads build cap? Or will this be a capped event as per usual rules?

Thanks! This is gonna rock.

Stephen

RiddickDale said:
I have some basic questions. Feel free to tell me to come back later if you haven't decided on these things yet.

1. When you refer to Chapherones in the fee section are you referring to ANY parent who brings their child to the event? or are you referring specifically to parent's who bring their children but do not actively participate in the game?
2. You mention a more grown up themed game running after dusk. Are there recommendations for what to do with presumably sleepy children during that time? Will there be a place for them to sleep while they wait to go home?
3. Can adults bring characters with their children that are OVER the traditional Crossroads build cap? Or will this be a capped event as per usual rules?

Great questions! We're going to be posting more info shortly, but I can answer all of these here as well. :)

1. Chaperones are adults that are not Crew during the daytime. Any adult can "PC" whatever character they'd like alongside a child, understanding that they have no skills, no weapons, no abilities, no stats - we are essentially turning the tables and turning the adults into Pages. Only bad guys have weapons as far as the kids are concerned.
2. We're going to have campfire story-time, crafts, etc. running for those kids that are staying late and do not want to play in the "scary, scary dark". Folks are also welcome to camp out overnight, since the adult event will run well into the wee hours of the morning (we're expecting 5am or so, as per our usual events, but depending entirely on the PCs and whether they want to stay awake).
3. During the day, it can be whatever character you'd like since it's not an official XP-earner. If you want to participate and play in the Faire Day/Night portion, however, the character must meet our level cap requirements. That said, anyone can still blanket whatever character they'd like - it's playing at night that requires you stay within the build cap.

Just to re-touch on somethings here:

1) its $30 per child for the day plus chaperones...so 2 kids with 2 adults $60, Kids play during the day and adults can play at night ALL for $60...right?!?

2) We have a family friend who might want to play. He is not my kid can I bring him? Is there any kind of form to show that his parents are ok with him being here??

3) are there or will there be a list of "Rules" for the kids event, before the Event? ..i.e. what races you can be, what classes you can be...what skills...made the mistake of tell my kids about this and now they will not stop asking me stuff...so like my daughter wants to be a cheetah Sar with claws... :lol:

4) My son would like to know if he can play at night..."I know you sayed that its 18+ to play, BUT it does say may not be suitable for all ages", so I told him I would ask about it...and so I am

thanks,
Matt K.

Good questions Matt!

1. In your scenario: It would be $60 for the two kids/chaperones to play during the day, because the adults aren't really "playing" as we see it since the daytime event is entirely designed and developed for kids; adults have no skills, weapons, etc. during the day unless they're on the darkside. If you want to PC at night, you will need to pay for a Faire Day for your character. There is a normal PC pre-reg for those folks PCing at night, including a payment button. If you're on Crew, then of course you wouldn't pay. The kids night-time playing is included in their event fee. So, basically, if everyone is going to PC (day and night), you're talking $30/person.

2. Yes, there's a parental release form that you can find on the Kids' Event registration page of the website. I'm still finishing up developing out that section with more information (rules, classes, etc.), but the release forms are already there under the registration. http://www.alliancecrossroads.com

3. Yes, coming soon! We have the basics all worked out, it's just a matter of writing them in a way that makes sense if you don't live in our heads. :D I'm hoping to get all that info up online in the next couple days.

4. Any kids that are okay with it are welcome to continue playing into the night. We'll keep the content more PG than usual out of respect for the family-oriented nature of the event, and we're asking the chaperones to know the limits of the kids they'll have with them to determine what will or won't be too scary for them. Remember that our site gets incredibly dark at night, which in and of itself can be very scary for kids (depending on their age, of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back