Clarification about Disease

kalindra

Adept
New Disease:

"This effect renders the target unable to be healed from any source When affected by any effect which would heal them (such as Healing or First Aid for most living creatures) the target must call No Effect. Like most Earth/Chaos spells, Cure Disease will remove a Disease on a living target or inflict one upon an Undead, while Disease will remove a Disease effect on an Undead."

To clarify, "effects that would heal them (such as Healing)" means that they're immune only to effects that would restore *body points*? And not that they're immune to the Healing effect group? For example, assume you were Diseased and Withered. Can you still receive Healing Arts, Restore or Purify before receiving a Cure Disease?

My assumption is yes, but I just wanted to check.

Since Cure Disease is also a Healing effect, it would seem to imply the following:

1) Effects that would "heal" them must refer to damage. Generally, Cure spells are considered healing effects, while effects like Purify/Cure Disease are removal effects. Making them immune to "Healing" (note the uppercase I'm using) would mechanically render them immune to the cure itself, which is Cure Disease.

2) Since #1 would imply that the spirit is effects that restore damage, that would make them immune to First Aid as well.

3) Healing Arts does not actually heal anything. Though I would certainly think that the question, "Are you Diseased?" would be a reasonable addition to the skill.

Fairly certain the intent is you cannot heal any BODY damage while Diseased. I can ask @Polare to clarify as this is the first time this has been brought up, but we definatley need to have it very clear in the Spell and the Cure Disease.

@Draven , 3) Yes! That needs to happen. It is a very important question in Healing Arts. Cheers!

The intention of Disease is to prevent the gain of body points, from any source that would do so (spell, poison, elemental, First Aid or otherwise). This would include a creature that is healed by some non-standard source, such as Flame, if they were also affected by Necromancy. It does not make the target immune to the Healing effect group, and therefore can be removed by Cure Disease and Purify, as well as Dispel or by being Dead.

Back