Class Collaboration- The Basics of Magics and Spellcasting

(( A carefully rolled scroll bound in jute and bearing the waxen sigil of The Phoenix Flight Guild arrives at the Solar's Guild, the Earth Guild, and Prademar University. Each is addressed to leaders of each institution, and is scribed in flowing letters. As you open the scrolls, the gentle fragrance of warm roses in bloom embraces you.))

Greeting my friends,

It was lovely to connect with you all at The Winter Feast. This year has been ripe with accomplishment for all of us, and I am equally grateful to you all for allowing me and my friends at Phoenix Flight be a part of that fullness.

With the new Season on the horizon, I as one of the Leaders of Phoenix Flight want to partner with each of your esteemed organizations to jointly sponsor and facilitate a regularly recurring class for beginning Spellcasters at each Market in 322 should first-time adventurers join us. This Adventurer-Lead class will occur directly after "New Adventurer Talk" on the first evening of Market, and would cover the following subjects in addition to anything else you would like to add:
  • Wielding Aura (how to throw packets, best practices for technique)
  • Spell Accuracy (target practice games - static and moving)
  • Keeping Aura at the ready (cauliflowering)
  • Incantations (best practices, such as finishing incant then throw, not saying "*the* Earth" etc.)
  • Brief Summary of Prademar Lore( the dragons giving magic)
  • Brief Introduction to the Schools (like there difference between channeling vs spellcasting, and celestial, earth, and general magics)
  • Brief Introduction to Rituals
It would be a 20-30 minute class. Each institution can take turns presenting material. I have a syllabus drafted for you all to review soon so that we can keep the content simple, consistent between markets, and straightforward enough that anyone can pick up the book and teach. At the end, the graduating students would be rewarded their choice between the following: first bundle of Aura, a Source, a Couple healing potions, or a silver piece. Rosemont Grove would provide the Aura and Sources from our local craftsman, and the potions and coin would be collective donated from the sponsoring institutions.

Afterwards, Prademar University I understand would be willing to help lead all adventurer's present at the class, students and instructors, on an quick expedition to gain some practical experience facing off with foes on the field. This will allow new casters have a chance to apply what they learned, while being watched over by more seasoned spellcasters. Also, this will provide some recompense to instructors for their service in the dividing of loot should we find any.

Please let us know if you are truly interested in this joint endeavor, and what ideas, feedback, or contributions you have on the structure, format, and content. Thank you all for your time!

May Light illumine you, and Earth open the Path,
Madrina Adlao, HM, LSW

Last edited:
I would enjoy being a presenter for Celestial Magic and there are many subjects of celestial Magic I feel could be further electives.
Thank you Magistrate Shen!

I will send you the syllabus for your to review and to contribute towards. Your wealth of knowledge would surely be a boon to our newest magical allies, especially concerning the Celestial School and Prademar Lore as well, of which I still know very little.

~*~
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW

Myself or Ladies Fallingstar or Zanabanath would be a good source for Lore.
I would be willing to aid for ritual or earthen magics.

Baron Foss Fairfax

Myself or Ladies Fallingstar or Zanabanath would be a good source for Lore.
I would be willing to aid for ritual or earthen magics.

Baron Foss Fairfax
Thank you Baron! I have already forwarded the syllabus for contribution, and I will send it to you shortly as well for review and amendment. You will find that I have mostly left that section bare with little elaboration. I appreciate your aid in this matter!

~*~
Madrina Adlao- HM,LSW

Thank you Magistrate Shen!

I will send you the syllabus for your to review and to contribute towards. Your wealth of knowledge would surely be a boon to our newest magical allies, especially concerning the Celestial School and Prademar Lore as well, of which I still know very little.

~*~
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW
It is no problem, but to offer a small correction, I am still only an Apprentice Magistrate.

It is no problem, but to offer a small correction, I am still only an Apprentice Magistrate.
Forgive me Apprentice Magistrate- I am still learning the orders of society, and I appreciate your guidance.

My Esteemed Colleagues,

With our reprieve drawing soon to a close and the Spring Market upon us in little over a fortnight, I would like to re-engage all involved parties in continuing to develop our curriculum for new spellcasters and working out the logistics for the class.

Please let me know if you need access to the course document to amend or expand on the material and I can send you an ether key to the pocket dimension where it is kept ((Google Drive Link)).

With gratitude,
Madrina Adlao- HM, LSW

Back