Claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banir

I'm new to larping and I was looking around some of the larp stores websites from the U.K. and found these claws. I'm no weapons builder and have no idea if these would be able to be easily made and legal for Alliance? I just think they would be a better representation than the dagger/sword currently used. Again this is just my opinion and thought I would bring it up. Here is the link. :)

http://characterkit.co.uk/WEAPONS/Claws ... od_15.html

I'd rather hold them in hand and see how they're built, but based on the description and picture, I'm about fifty-fifty on them... maybe even 60% against. They look kinda dorky, to be honest, and I actually think I might prefer our red boffers to them, tbh. The giant poofy arm covers do not thrill. The fact that they're coreless suggests they might not be good for blocking, and possibly prone to tear. And I can see some marshals feeling that they may be prone to entangling weapons.

For their other kit, I like the cultist sword, the spinning axes, and the claw shield. And the monster pauldrons are kind dorky/kinda nifty.

West Coast JP expresses my concerns clearly. Nothing to add.

I love the awsomeness of something that really looks like claws, but .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back