Cloak While Prisoned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
John The Snazzy Sorcerer is kinda mad, and he sees Teshum the Invincible standing by himself. He decides to enact some revenge, and hurls all sorts of Painful Evocation.

Teshum the Invincible is not, in fact, alone, and his buddies put John in a bad position. As a last ditch effort to protect himself, he Prisons himself.

1) In the event Teshum and Co have a Dispel, can John activate a Cloak vs Protection/Enhancement from a magic item? I expect the answer is no, but I want to confirm that. While he doesn't have the ability to use Game Abilities, nor can he use any items that require a verbal, I wasn't sure if item activated Cloaks would be an option.

2) John does have a Spell Shield. Does the Spell Shield stop the Dispel before it hits the Prison? (Layered defenses are annoying).

3) In the event that Prison does, in fact, layer in front of Spell Shield, does that mean the Prison is the -only- effect dispelled, leaving John's protectives in place?

"Magic items in your possession can be used when bound or otherwise incapacitated so long as you are able to speak. Obviously, they cannot be used when Silenced, gagged, or otherwise unable to speak (such as when under the effects of a Prison)." ARB 103
This part seems to refer to activates, although the whole section is titled "Magic Items". But, I believe it probably applies.

"A Dispel will bring down the Prison, but will not dispel any other effects on the creature inside. " ARB 121
That's outlined in the prison spell description.

I'd look at it like this. Prison is kind of it's own thing, not unlike a circle. Anything that hits it it calls no effect to except dispel, and massive (as massive just goes right through it like air). So you're not actually taking any effects to cloak prior to the prison going down.

Upvote 0
"Magic items in your possession can be used when bound or otherwise incapacitated so long as you are able to speak. Obviously, they cannot be used when Silenced, gagged, or otherwise unable to speak (such as when under the effects of a Prison)." ARB 103
This part seems to refer to activates, although the whole section is titled "Magic Items". But, I believe it probably applies.

This was what I was looking for. I agree, it should apply. Thanks for that.

"
"A Dispel will bring down the Prison, but will not dispel any other effects on the creature inside. " ARB 121
That's outlined in the prison spell description.

I was poring over the wall of Prison text looking for this line, and I plum missed it. My bad. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back