[CLOSED]Greater Wand Scroll

Requiem

In closing one of the chaos portals in Duncan's Pass, a Celestial Ritual scroll was recovered, which I have been informed is capable of creating a wand of great power.

As none of the group that discovered the scroll needs such a wand, we are interested in selling it to someone who can put it to good use. The ritual must be cast somewhere within the borders of the Golden Horn, but the scroll and the resulting wand can travel the mists without any more trouble than is normal. As such, prompt delivery to Tarndale can be arranged if desired.

The opening bid is 25 gold, and the bidding will close at noon on Thursday the 14th of this month. Please PM me with offers.

FINAL BID IS: 33 Gold, 5 Silver

Re: [Auction]Greater Wand Scroll

Don't be shy, ladies and gentlemen. I am told that this scroll sells for as much as 60 gold with the proper timing. I would just keep it myself at this price, but I find myself in need of coin now. An established adventurer with some foresight could turn this around for substantial profits in 6 months.

Or is it casting you are worried about? If you are a resident of Tarndale who cannot make it to the Golden Horn, casting services can be arranged for a small additional fee. Feel free to message me privately to discuss arrangements.

I thought that scrolls were incapable of traveling the mists, only their resulting enchantments?

-Zeth

Correct. The scroll must be cast in the land it is from. If say one was to try and cast a scroll from the Goldenhorn in Tarndale it would not work and the same the other way around.

Though, I suspect what he is saying is that for a small fee they could cast the ritual for you and perhaps deliver the item to you.

My apologies for being unclear. The paper scroll may traverse the mists, and the resulting wand may do the same, but the ritual may only be cast within the bounds of the Golden Horn.

And yes, the offer to arrange for casting services is primarily directed at those who cannot extricate themselves from the Valley of the Ghosts, but it also extends to those who would simply be more comfortable having such things taken care of for them. Adventurers are busy people, and there are sometimes risks involved with ritual casting.

Master Zeth,

Without commenting on the scroll in question, you might be interested to know that there are some few formal magic scrolls that have been touched by the mists capable of traveling across the mists and being cast from nearly any kingdom. They are very rare, though, and as such, in high demand by those of us who tend to cross the width and breadth of Fortannis (particularly if they are worth spellcrafting).

@~}~~
Sir Gregor Orpheus Dimitris

The scroll on auction is not one of those.

But - though I admit my own inexperience with such things - I've been led to believe that the PHYSICAL SCROLL can travel the mists regardless, in order to facilitate the exchange of goods, as well as storage and similar mundane concerns.

I think the confusion arises from the fact that in any other realm, it is simply some high-quality paper with the squiggly lines on it. The actual CASTING of this ritual MUST take place within the bounds of the Golden Horn.

Again, apologies for any failure in communication, and I would be more than happy to work out additional arrangements if needed.

((OOG: I was told the above by a marshal, so it should be accurate.))

This auction has closed. Thank you to all who placed bids.

Back