Coming out to visit

Lurin

Duke
Heya folks,

Figured I'd come out to play with you for your February 4th-6th game and escape the cold of Minnesota for a bit, I'll be in need of three things I'm hoping someone can accomodate. 1.) a Ride from the airport (let me know which is best please!), 2.) A Longbow rep (no weapons through security, 3.) Blankets/sleeping gear to borrow. Looking forward to seeing your game!

-David Glaeser

If you fly into SJC (San Jose) before 3PM, we can get you a ride for certain. If you're flying in after that or need to fly into SFO, I can expand my queries out to more of the player base. I'm pretty sure that we (meaning me and my household) have some extra sleeping gear you can borrow as well.

I'll check with plot staff on the long bow and get back to you on that one.

Inaryn said:
If you fly into SJC (San Jose) before 3PM, we can get you a ride for certain. If you're flying in after that or need to fly into SFO, I can expand my queries out to more of the player base. I'm pretty sure that we (meaning me and my household) have some extra sleeping gear you can borrow as well.

I'll check with plot staff on the long bow and get back to you on that one.

Checked into the flights, on the way in it looks like I can come into SJC on the morning flight (arriving at 11:30ish) Flying back home from SJC is a noon flight, so I'd have to head off site fairly early (Not sure how far your site is from SJC, or SFO) Alternatively there is a 3 PM flight (last one) from SFO back home, or I could shack up somewhere and head home Monday, although Ideally I'd prefer to fly home Sunday.

Arriving at 11:30ish might have you sitting around for a bit... I'll check with the person who made the offer and get back ASAP.

The site is about an hour and a half up into the santa cruz mountains. I'd personally recommend the later flight out of SFO, but that really also depends on what your preference is. Either is fine and I can *ahem* sort the logistics of getting you back to the airport fairly easily.

Checked... arriving at 11:30ish would definitely have you waiting around for a bit. I can try to find you a ride for that time, but our site also doesn't like people being on it before 5ish really. Do you have any options for closer to 2-2:30? (I don't know where you're flying out from, or I'd help.)

Pet allergies? We have a dog and 2 cats in the house and while I absolutely plan to wash anything I'm loaning first, I'd rather not just throw it in the pile with the rest to get loaded if cat dander is going to make you swell up like Violet. :thumbsup:

I will likely be leaving the site early on Sunday, so depending on our group's carpool arrangements, I may be able to accomodate the ride back to SJC or SFO (I would prefer SJC, but either is fine with me). I wish I could be more definitive, but no one else I usually travel with likes to plan that far in advance.

Okay, after further checking it looks like I'll be coming in at 1!:30 as the options are early, or really late, I'm used to bringing a book and hanging out in airports an hour or three so no worries there. I would really like to pin down the ride to the airport on the way home as I need to schedule/pay for the ticket home. Tentatively it sounds like the noon flight from SJC should be fine (meaning probably getting a ride off site fairly early sunday, like by 9, since it's supposed to be an hour and a half drive)

Luke, can your group handle the ride to the airport or should I tap one of our other early leavers?

I will have some kind of answer tomorrow. I'm out hunting for an apartment right now, so I won't be able to ask the others until then (I love my new phone and the Internets!). If anyone else wants to volunteer before then, I won't stop them.

Lurin,

If the ride falls through for SJC from these other guys I can hook you up so try not to worry.

Grishnar said:
Lurin,

If the ride falls through for SJC from these other guys I can hook you up so try not to worry.
Good thing...'cause no one in our group will have the space for an extra on the way home. Thanks, Grishnar!

That's it folks, my tickets are bought and paid for (well reserved as I fly stand-by), both flights currently look wide open so I expect no complications.

Flight in to SJC - arrives at 11:30 AM, best I could do, I'll bring a book and don't mind waiting on a ride.
Flight out from SJC - Leaves at 12:05 PM - Still need a confirmed ride, need to be at airport by 11 AM, please don't make me hitchhike, I'm just not pretty enough to make it safely that way.

I have the ride covered for Friday. Grishnar, if you can make sure that the ride to the airport on Sunday is covered that would be great, since I won't be able to leave site until late afternoon.

Yeah I can confirm that I am fine for Sunday morning. I also sent Dave and e-mail which he did not respond to.

I hope you made it home safe and that you had a good time at our event!

Back