Communicating with NPCs between events

Alex319

Artisan
Suppose that I meet an NPC character in game, want to write an IG letter to that character to get into contact with him or her later.

- How should I sent the letter. Do I email it to Plot? Or directly to the NPC who plays that character? Or do I need to use the IBGA form?

- Does writing a letter to an NPC count as "using up" your one IBGA for the event? If so, are you limited to one letter, or can you write multiple letters to different NPCs using your IBGA?

- What information do you need in order to get your letter to the NPC? Do you just say "I will write a letter to <name of NPC>"? Or do you have to have gotten a "mailing address" or the equivalent from him when you met IG?

All great questions, and being an NPC who is available to communicate before everyone actually leaves from the Ducal gatherings. I would believe that you can get a few freebie questions or time with me Sunday/Monday with the Sheriffs. I even as a player have to leave sometimes early on Sundays or people don't get a chance with me so I would think that is a reasonable window for some chatter.

Use the IBGA form if it's part of the IBGA or send it to the plot email address. If you send it directly to the person who plays the NPC, still CC the plot email address so we can keep track of what's going on.

You can generally get letters to other characters with a rough location and name and description; if you don't know how to reach the character, just tell us what you tell the messenger and we'll decide from there if it gets to the character.

You can send as many letters as you want but you might not get responses. Letters go lower on the priority list than IBGAs.

Back