Components from the May gathering

If I might try to make things easier,

Let's sell the 21 extra components for 1.5 Gold, divided evenly between those interested that where at the market we obtained them in. Splitting the components we have equally among all buyers until they have their desired amount, or we run out of components.

I will personally guarantee the sale price of 1.5 Gold by buying any components not sold by the beginning of the market day. Since I helped set the price so to speak I will only buy components that are undesired, so if the price is not accurate to what people value the components at, I'll either pay to much, or be buying a large number of components, but I will also not benefit from the price set as I'll remove myself initial purchase pool so it's quite likely I'll end up buying no components at all.

Unless people stop trading with little round pieces of metal in the future I will be glad to continue this offer going forward in the future to speed up future loot splits as well, continuing to hold myself out of the initial component offering and purchasing only the less liquid left-overs.

So I suggest having folks simply start how many they'd wish to buy at 1.5, and make sure to have their coin ready at the start of the next gathering as I'll guarantee a quick conversion of any leftovers.

-Kallith

I don't really see how adding a step makes things any easier, but if it does somehow, go for it. I'll send my gold for my item with Ainsley, please send my split back with her as well, whatever it ends up being.

Liam

Kallith,

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I really do feel it's important for the younger adventurers to have the same access to components for the economy of the town in addition to it simply being easier. Also, it's easy to forget that not everyone checks the dreaming, especially younger adventurers, so while the voices here may clamor for gold, it may be that not everyone actually wants it. There are really only 5 or 6 voices here compared to the 27 who are affected by this. I'm simply making sure that everyone has the options for more components if they want. However, if you want to offer to buy the components from the adventurers who do not want them, I'm sure that would be a welcome service.

Unless someone else strenuously objects, the splits are going to be 3.5 gold and 2 components with 6 shares of 5.5 gold and 1 component, first come first served.

Zen Mallowbrooks

I'll never really understand how most races view their economy, but it seems like that is the easiest, or at least most popular option. I'd prefer gold myself at that rate, so I guess when does service open for the first come first served portion?

-Kallith

Is it first to speak up or first to pick up their portion, because I'd rather have gold myself, but I wont be at the next gathering to pick up my share. I believe Zihr will be collecting for me.

Its first to come pick up. I do not plan to take reservations or keep track of who wanted what. I believe that Zhir has a list of who was in attendance and you are certainly welcome to have a representative pick up your share. I will do my best to keep a list of those who picked up for others to prevent errors.

Zen Mallowbrooks

Zhir, I want to restrict the sale of components to those in attendance mostly because I don't want a rich adventurer from another land to swoop in and buy all the components and take them all from the younger adventurers who may not have the coin to fight back or know what they're trading away. I'm not stopping anyone from doing anything after the split happens but I do want to make it as fair as possible, again especially for the newer adventurers. It's not perfect but it's a safeguard that I believe is fitting.

Thank you for the explanation, Zen. I agree with your logic. And it's Zihr, not Zhir. That's my evil twin.

I appreciate that you think that I'm trusted by the town though. I'm just a guy with a notebook.

I agree with Vaelin, I trust you Zen.

Also, I do have a list of attendance - I should be early to next gathering and will consult with you.

~Zihr

I apologize for the misspelling Zihr. I usually find myself running late to gatherings but I will be there before it starts. I will let you know if something comes up.

Zen Mallowbrooks

I am a big proponent of encouraging newer adventurers to obtain Reagents. They last for 5 years and newer adventurers will begin finding reasons to use them in their second year. Such as asking for temporary spellcrafted rituals - or the ever present Vision & Lore scrolls.

Even as an outsider who has coin, I would encourage that your components become part of the split since you have enough components to do that. Then those who truly have no desire for the reagents, can make the choice for themself. Local and non local adventures alike will still be available and their coin doesnt diminish in value days or weeks later.

Back