Components?

I'm looking for someone who knows the required components and necessary rituals to make either a permanent protection aura or a damage aura *if i have those names correct*...i can work towards collecting the necessary items, but need to know what i'll be looking for, as well as whether someone can cast something like it for me.

If you can help me, please respond.

Lord Polare Lissenstine is a well-known and accomplished Formal Ritual Caster; I'd suggest seeking him out.

Avaran said:
Lord Polare Lissenstine is a well-known and accomplished Formal Ritual Caster; I'd suggest seeking him out.

Unfortunately, Polare and I have differences that would obstruct any sort of business relation. Thanks for the advice though...anyone else in the area that you know of?

You might want to ask the magistratum or maybe the celestial guild?

Demitri

To my knowledge, the problem comes in the form of acquiring the catalyst required for Permanence: a vial of fairy dust. To my knowledge, the only catalyst currently available for trade is going for around 200 gold. Outside of that, I might be able to help you out.

@~}~~
Sir Gregor

If you could dream it, things are always available. Just send some thoughts my way.

~Balryn

jpariury said:
To my knowledge, the problem comes in the form of acquiring the catalyst required for Permanence: a vial of fairy dust. To my knowledge, the only catalyst currently available for trade is going for around 200 gold. Outside of that, I might be able to help you out.

@~}~~
Sir Gregor

Gregor, I appreciate your offer, and if I need assistance I will feel comfortable in coming to you *slight nod and bow*. Right now though, I need to find out what components I need to begin collecting for the rituals, even without them being made Permanent..i have several components but suspect they are not at all what I need..I have True Silver and Nightshade.

Cerulean,

I am sorry that you feel there are impediments to our concluding a business transaction. While we may differ significantly in our opinions, I do not personally find that a problem in working out a business deal. Should you change your mind on this matter, I would be happy to sit down and discuss what would be necessary for what you seek.

In the end, business is business, not personal. So long as the transaction is legal and does not involve consorting with criminals, I am always interested in looking into conducting business.

-Polare Lissenstine

Components needs vary from one formal scroll to the next even if they are the same type of ritual. You could have 2 different Damage Aura ritual scrolls and they could need different compnents, they could also be similiar in requirements.

Until you actually have a scroll it would be hard to say what components you will actually need.

Respectfully

Cerulean Jax said:
Gregor, I appreciate your offer, and if I need assistance I will feel comfortable in coming to you *slight nod and bow*. Right now though, I need to find out what components I need to begin collecting for the rituals, even without them being made Permanent..i have several components but suspect they are not at all what I need..I have True Silver and Nightshade.
As Daylynn mentioned, the specifics of which components you need would depend on the scroll used. The scrolls you would need are named for the very rituals you are seeking: Protection Aura, Damage Aura, and Permanence. But no two scrolls are identical in their component requirement, even when they produce the exact same ritual. The only component that is constant within a certain mist-realm is the catalyst, when required as it is for the permanence.

Next time I am in town, I will try and take some time to give you a more comprehensive instruction on formal magic and it's workings, so that you will have the concepts down, even if you never take up the skill.

or

...as another option you could spend copious amounts of time researching legends and go seek your self a blade of old some would call an artifact.
Most mist realms won't let them leave so if you do lots of wandering carry a backup, but it'll be twice as rewarding, last a lot longer, and those that go with you will have some good stories to tell.

Polare Lissenstine said:
Cerulean,

I am sorry that you feel there are impediments to our concluding a business transaction. While we may differ significantly in our opinions, I do not personally find that a problem in working out a business deal. Should you change your mind on this matter, I would be happy to sit down and discuss what would be necessary for what you seek.

In the end, business is business, not personal. So long as the transaction is legal and does not involve consorting with criminals, I am always interested in looking into conducting business.

-Polare Lissenstine

Polare,
I assumed from previous meetings that your feelings on personal matters extended into your business dealings. If I am wrong, then perhaps I shall be able to do business with you. Do you know of any scrolls for the rituals I'm seeking?

Cymryc said:
Components needs vary from one formal scroll to the next even if they are the same type of ritual. You could have 2 different Damage Aura ritual scrolls and they could need different compnents, they could also be similiar in requirements.

Until you actually have a scroll it would be hard to say what components you will actually need.

Respectfully

Daylynn, thank you! I had no knowledge of how the scrolls were composed, nor did I know that they could vary so greatly for such similiar effects. I will turn my attentions towards getting a scroll,to begin with, and see what I shall need from there. Your assistance is much appreciated.

krieger said:
...as another option you could spend copious amounts of time researching legends and go seek your self a blade of old some would call an artifact.
Most mist realms won't let them leave so if you do lots of wandering carry a backup, but it'll be twice as rewarding, last a lot longer, and those that go with you will have some good stories to tell.

*grin* I like your suggestions, Krieger..and it's been some time since we shared an ale. Would you be interested in accompanying me on such an adventure? I have several possible leads on things right now, and some of my sources indicate I may well be coming up against some vampires in the near future.

Back