Costuming

I'm looking for a black sleeveless tunic to be worn over chainmail armor. Also a belt and scabbards for swords. Anyonw know where I can get these things?

eBay.

Or do a google search for leather belts.

You should probably include the word rennaisance in that search or you coudl get some interesting results.

Don't tell anyone.

Thanks man... you coming to the work weekend?

unfortunately I can't, I have drill this weekend so I'm not able to, which sucks.

Another thing you can do for a belt is to purchase a vastly oversized one at your local Wal Mart or oversized-clothing store. I get a 52-54 inch belt, remove part of the buckle, and cut off the end that has holes punched into it. 5 minutes worth of work, and I get a good, sturdy belt.

Baelemar Dryerlilth said:
I'm looking for a black sleeveless tunic to be worn over chainmail armor. Also a belt and scabbards for swords. Anyonw know where I can get these things?

I've got a few boffer frogs Made up. Hold on a moment, I'll get some pictures.

watermark.php

I have a few more pictures up here

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/photopost/ ... user/24347

showing some of the other colors of frogs, a prototype helmet, and my pet rat.

I've got the frogs in blue, oxblood red, and choclate, a sort of dark brown. They're hand cut, rivetted, tooled, and dyed. The backing chevron is 6ish oz. veggie tanned leather, the belt loops and the strap that actually holds the boffer are 4-5 oz. oil tanned leather. The boffer strap can be adjusted by repositioning the ties that hold it closed. It will hold an Alliance sword snuggly. If you let the laces out a bit you can get an amtgard sword in there, and it might be able to hold a bel/dag sword, though the square shape might not work quite as nicely. Price is 14$ a pop plus S&H, and please specify color and whether you mind having little flowers tooled into it at random.

I can also make up belts in various styles, lengths, and colors, up to and including eight inch tall war belts plated with 10 oz. leather shapes, tooled, and secured with three removable smaller belts. Then I could add on some tassets, say, and maybe a plackart, and a breast plate, and a pair of shoulder defenses, coordinate with a nice pair of bracer/gauntlets and greaves, whip up a proper gorget, some spaulder's, top it off with a helmet and send you off the the ball.

Nice, and you could rotate how you attached the leather strap pieces to have an angled sword frog which I find more aesthetically pleasing...

Hrm... You know, I think I could put the piece that actually holds the boffer on an articulated rotating rivet and add a couple of snaps to secure it, so that you could, at your discretion, wear it as a horizontal, angled, or vertical frog...

*tinker tinker tinker*

Back