Couple of questions.

ALWEASEL

Artisan
Hello All.
First off i would like to thank everyone at fight practice.
I had a blast, and can't wait till saturday to do it again.
After the practice i ordered the new digital copy of the rules and also the paper version.
Also i recieved gobbies for going to the practice. What do i use them for.
Are they to build my character or to spend like in game money?
Also when i eventually build my healer can i buy damage spells for him.
Or does he just get healer spells. Just wondering.
I plan on NPC'in on Saturday and maybe in April.
And using the points i get to npc to build a decent healer.
Also my friend Rich is planning on coming with me saturday to npc.
Thanks again all, i will need a bunch of help learning and you all were very patient with this noobie.
Al

:) Alright! Getting straight to the questions. Gobbies can be used for a few things, you can use them at the beginning of an event to get production items (any item that can be made with a production skill...like potions, alchemy, and blacksmith items), you can also use gobbies to get a 'goblin blanket' this is a once a month purchase that can be made. The blanket will give you experiencing as though you attended an extra event that month (Logistics can give you more details about it, but its a great way to help build your character)

Earth is primarily healing and what is called 'bindomancy', so you are able to heal your allies and prevent your foes from attacking by binding them in place, or disabling them in some way. Earth healing spells can also be cast as Chaos, which is considered necromancy. This is illegal in most lands (there MIGHT be one that allows some form of it...maybe).

As far as damage spells are concerned, Celestial is primarily damage spells. Celestial spells can also be used by reading scrolls and casting from the scroll, this requires a skill called Read Magic. So if you are an Earth caster with Read Magic, you can still cast some celestial spells...there are some rules to what level of scrolls can be read, but that can be explained a little later.

So, you can easily play a diverse caster, using spells in memory and spells from scrolls. You can ever learn BOTH schools of magic, however the second one is at a higher cost.

Hope that helps answer some questions!
-Brent

Yep that makes total sense.
I will probably be a earth healer. I also like the ability to "root" people.
And if i need anything other than my weapon to do damage i can buy a scroll or something.
I was just starting to worry i would die to quickly, but i forgot i will have protection in front of me.
Thanks for the info.
AL

While Brent did give a good overview of the most common things people think of when they think of earth magic he forgot 2 other very powerful and definitive aspect of Earth Magic that it only has access to. (Celestial spell casters can't memorize these.)

Cursing - you have several curse spells that are offensive, ranging from reducing peoples damage (weakness), to completely immobilizing them (paralysis). These spells are not in any way illegal or necromantic.

Death/Life- when you get to your most powerful 9th level earth spells you will gain the ability to grant your friends the gift of life which is the only way to save someone from resurrecting once they bleed to death or receive a killing blow. But you can also reverse this spell and cast Death spells, instantly killing people, pretty much one of the sexiest spells in the game. ^_^ Also not necromantic and totally legal.

Back