Creating A Bestiary

*in a sleepy voice* It seems that Brother Kelethuan has created an information book and will be transcribing the information *yawns* into it, including what has been found on the creatures we are encountering. His notes can be found in a nearby dreaming: http://alliancelarp.com/forum/threads/information-book.32062/ It may be a good place to house information for others to find as well.

He has also suggested a more universal format for identifying the creatures in this dreaming, perhaps utilizing a tool such as that will help make sure all information needed is conveyed?
Agreed.
Would anyone be interested in documenting Sedovian creatures in this format?

I have been compiling a personal bestiary and would love the assistance.

*blinks* Ah, also, thank you for the additional information Friend Ashok. Perhaps at the next gather if there is a Barghest, I can help to confirm whether or not they are immune to the Kyn Reaver.

Kel has also documented at least 3 Sedovian creatures within my tower's library: the Sedovian Varg, the Sedovian Volig, and the Sedovian "Void" Elemental.

Any more information that can be added to the library would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I am indisposed to find the information myself. But, if the information becomes readily available (in the format Kel showed) then I can copy it into my library for easy reference.

Regards,
Alavatar

I will be beginning work on the Foxbridge bestiary on my way back from Ceriopolis. Hopefully I will have a good amount of it prepared by the time I reach Foxbridge again provided there are no unforeseen complications on the road. If you are in the area this coming gather Alavatar I will be more than happy to let you look over the bestiary and transcribe anything you wish to the library. Knowledge is power, and keeping everyone informed about what we face and how to best it is critical to the survival of Sedovia. This is true more so now than ever before. We stand on the precipice of Sedovia's complete and utter destruction should we allow the plague to be reawakened by Lumos.

Unfortunately, I will not be in Foxbridge in the near future. My path is taking me to the Duchy of Nightshade for the next few months. Kel will likely be the best person to coordinate with on ensuring the transcription of a bestiary, then we can copy the information to my library when time permits.

Regards,
Alavatar

P.S. If you need directions, my tower can be found through the mists.

I will seek Kel out then should he be in Foxbridge, safe travels to you Alavatar.

(On an OOG note is there any recommendations people have for creating the physical book for the bestiary? Keeping an online doc is easy enough but I would like to have a physical bestiary that players can access in the tavern of Foxbridge that will be periodically updated as new enemies are discovered. I am not very skilled in the way of prop making. I would like for the design to allow for the easy addition of new entries as new enemies are discovered, identified, and documented. If people want I can write it up in a google doc that I can share with interested members so that others can add in entries as they come up)

As a lover of knowledge, I would greatly enjoy assistibg with this project. Being rather sheltered to the ways outside my Vale, my knowledge is limited, but I am a fast learner and keen to know more.
-Ólerydeth, of Bittersong Meadows

(OOG: I totally would love to help make the physical IG book that we could add to. - Krystina)

I welcome your assistance Ole.

(OOG: Feel free to reach out to me on Facebook or by email and we can discuss the craft of the IG book. I'm not great at arts and crafts and would love the help.)

Do we know if void walkers are vulnerable to alchemy? Writing their entry in the bestiary and want to make sure its there if alchemy is an effective option.
Thanks,
Edarius Olmarin

This is from memory Edarius, but I do not believe so.

At this upcoming gather, I will be available to any and all willing to donate knowledge to the Bestiary. Edarius has given me a copy of his pages to bind and protect so that we can continue to add to it. For the greater good of the residents and visitors of Foxbridge... Mostly, I will be found in the Tavern resting my poor injury. You spot me more than likely in a corner to avoid tripping other with my walking aid.
-Ólerydeth

(OOG: foot is still too sprained for combat, and I'm still on crutches... Will most likely be doing advanced page for medical reasons/safety)

Edarius, Void Walkers are not affected by the works of Alchemy, though the majority of the corrupted races were affected by specific works of Alchemy as I recall.

Thanks for the information Grimmloch. As I have already sent my pages to Ole I will update it for the next edition of the bestiary with this confirmation of alchemy's ineffectiveness against these particular enemies.

Olerydeth and Edarius,

Should either of you have need of a scribe to assist you, I have turned my hand to the pen on more than on occasion and would be glad to help. Perhaps some pre-written cards for adventurers to take out and take notes on would be of assistance?

In addition, I have noted that Leuta has created some enchanting artwork in her time with us. Perhaps she could be commissioned to render images of the beasts we face.

I will seek you both out tomorrow to offer my assistance as I can.

Aizyk dM V

If Leuta is willing I think visual references would add a great deal to the bestiary. Your idea regarding the pre-written cards is excellent and a boon for newer adventurers, though I do wonder if at the time of engagement with monsters if adventurers would have time to reference said cards. Any thoughts?

Back