Critical Attack Question

Kasuni

Squire
Hey marshals!

I was wondering if multiple critical attacks can be used at once. For example, if a character has 30 critical attacks, for one fight, against one opponent, would they be able to increase their damage by +30?

Thanks!

Emily

They can only be used one at a time, so no more than +1 at any one time per target. The same goes for Back Attacks.

This passage roughly clarifies it:
"For each Critical Attack he learns now, he can do another point of damage once per day per opponent"

Ohhhkay :) I kind of thought it was saying *each* critical attack can do one more damage against an opponent, but that totally makes sense too. I hadn't seen it used this way before, and I just wasn't sure that was because it is a silly (and kind of ineffective) way to spend build or if it just wasn't the way the rules worked.

Thanks for the quick response guys!

That's not completely true that you have to use them one at a time, you could blow 3 at the same time to get +1 on three different people.

Plus, you can't have more than 4 at a time, after that, your next purchase is a Prof.

Oh man, I didn't know that you *had* to buy a prof after getting 4 critical attacks either. Ok, I might need to take the new character's build in a different direction :)

Yeah, the intent of the skill is that you're buying 'mini-profs.' There is absolutely nothing you can do with a Critical Attack that would make it better than a Prof.

obcidian said:
That's not completely true that you have to use them one at a time, you could blow 3 at the same time to get +1 on three different people.

Yeah, good point. I figured that bit was obvious, so didn't include that in my answer; I've edited it to (hopefully) be more clear.

Back