Cross-Chapter Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheakhan

Adept
Here is a bit of curiousity...

Say that I wished to purchase an item from someone in Ashbury (I play in Seattle). Assuming that the item(s) I wanted to purchase would normally be allowed to transfer from one chapter to another, is there an established method for transferring them by the Alliance game world equivalent of post?

What I'm imagining is, IG wise, sending an order to another player who creates goblin-free alchemical concoctions at a reasonable price. They receive my coin and order request, and send me the items desired.
Would something like this need to be done through real world postal services, or is there actually a way to, via logistics, carry out a long-distance exchange?

If this is a new concept, my suggestion for such an exchange would be both players notifying their logistics team of the exchange. The seller would relinquish their items to logistics at the next event check in, and the buyer would relinquish their coin in the same fashion. I feel that this would open an entirely new realm of interconnection between chapters, as well as some interesting mercantile roleplay opportunity.

This isn't really a Rules question, but an inquiry into the Logistics process. To my knowledge, no current system exists to do this, however, this would either

1) Be at the discretion of the chapters involved

2) Be a question directed at the Alliance Logistics guy, who is Auric on these forums.

-Evan
Oregon/Seattle Marshal

Ah well, thanks for the direction. Is there a better place to post this here?

This is not something I would wish to burden the traditionally overtaxed Logistics teams of two chapters with. I don't think I would want my chapter's Logistics handling it... But I am not an owner.

I agree that this would be something I'd never want Logistics to handle in the way I'd imagine it currently being supported.

That being said...

If we were to build a nationally-operated pre-registration/character maintenance system that's primarily automated, I can't imagine it being difficult for it to be expanded to allow a player to use Production Points during an event (and even set them aside during pre-registration), and a notation on the recipient's character sheet being automatically added, informing Logistics to provide the character with X tags on check in. But something like that is what it would take, in my eyes, and I don't see us having that kind of system in the foreseeable future, if ever.

From an in-game perspective, you're free to create whatever explanation fits the general gameworld. For example, when talking about it in-game to other characters, you might describe your giant chest of sleep elixirs as having arrived by courier service, or maybe you and the other person met somewhere in-game and did the hand-off between events. It wouldn't be advisable to suggest that a giant winged cylinder came down from the sky and brought it to you, though.

Sometimes plot teams like to be advised of these things - there have been chapters that kept fairly closed limits on what could be brought in from other chapters, either due to running a low-resource storyline, not making use of an effect, or wanting to introduce a new effect into game in their own way. But generally speaking, they're more concerned with other things and leave us to our own devices to determine how things get moved around.

This is my method: I contact merchants IG, via the dreamscape. I send the merchant a package with the appropriate amount of coin and they send me an envelope with my tags. I have done this a number of times with EC merchants, when I couldn't acquire something locally. IG I work with the merchant on an explanation. Usually this involves a wagon being sent through the mysts during DT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back