Current events and Useful information.

Just to make sure everyone knows. Elder Lindell has informed me that he expects that their Forest Spirit should be "born" very soon, likely the first week in April, and that it will likely know what to do about the ground breaking up and how that might be stopped or at least slowed.

So that is good news in these times. Hopefully he will have important information we can use to avoid taking a lava bath.

Tantarus said:
I was really hoping to use Gary to power the dagger with just this intent in mind. But I think that is no longer and option for 2 reasons. Elyrion will not be here to cast the Oblit. And the only Oblit/catalyst set I know of in the valley has been taken by the gypsies out of our reach. All the attempts to get it from them have been unanswered.

We will still need a caster yes...I don't know anyone who comes close to matching Elryion's expertise, but there are still a couple potentially grand prospects. My knowledge of their formal prowess is somewhat limited though, so I will have to talk to them. Kiarra and Ash come to mind. As for the scroll and components....once my family is all back together again we will look through our gear....we may have one saved up for a rainy day.

Shin said:
She said the Corrupt have been using Wizard Locks at times and bluffing their way around a fight with the appearance of a ward. This might not be the case in the caves, but I know that we did not try to dispel the 'Wards'.

This is very good to keep in mind and is of course worth retrying as things could have changed, but I in fact DID attempt to dispel the protective on the entrance we found to the cave and it was a Ward.

Shin said:
Akin did mention after the last gather that, even though this Tool is the most pertinent one, with what seems some of the most notable effects, he speculated and inferred that there were other Tools of that nature throughout the Valley, most likely hidden or lost.

I was there for this and I suspect we have been talking about one of these during this very conversation. The Amulet. Other potential and probable items include The Spear, The Blanket, possibly Sam's great grandfathers sword, possibly the bracelet passed down through the family of the Rhinokin (I apologize, I do not recall his name).

Shin said:
As to using it (the Dagger) on the Lord of Echoes... I think it's been said, that this shouldn't be on the table.

Alright, although I was hoping to avoid long winded conversations here, I think it may be helpful for others to understand why I feel using the Lord of Echoes as the target of the Dagger is a poor choice. I will attempt to do this as concisely as possible.

Let me start off by saying my views actually have nothing to do with feeling bad about the actual act. Yes the Lord of Echoes was likely once a man with good intentions, this is true. And I respect and honor that man's sacrifice....he did a great thing and no one can take that act away from him. But the Lord of Echoes is no longer that man. If we had a lead on recovering him I would follow it, but we don't. So now the Lord of Echoes is just a Being intent on the destruction of the Valley, and if that being is not stopped in his tracks soon, he might be successful. This leads me to my reasons not to make him the target of the obliterate/intention ritual...both of which are technical reasons, not emotional ones.

First off, all of our information to date says that the only way to end the Lord of Echoes is to kill him in an echoing format. For this we chose (to the best of our ability) to have him killed by a human, with a long sword, in the chest and with the statement "we are not oath breakers." Through much hard work and the sacrifice of many lives we have successfully achieved this twice with only one additional attempt to go If we were to change our mode of operation and obliterate him, the likelihood that we would then have to achieve that same act two additional times is high. And I don't know about all of you, but that sounds not only extremely unpleasant, it sounds nearly suicidal.

Second, as mentioned earlier in this conversation, killing a dragon-magic wielding maniac who is bent on genocide is hard enough, trapping one is a whole different ball game. In order to make the Lord of Echoes the target of the daggers ritual he must be captured, subdued (but not encased), and held in a circle long enough for the entire obliterate ritual to occur without anything (the Lord or his minions) interrupting the ritual. Lets not forget this guy can summon echoes at will, rift, obliterate from memory and revive. I have been known to participate in some ballsy plans with piss-poor odds in my time, but this one just seems...well...dumb. And lets not forget that if our prior intel is correct, in order to actually kill him, we would have to rinse and repeat this excitement a total of three times.

So in a nut shell, that is why I don't want to sacrifice the Lord of Echoes with the dagger. Could his destruction create a massive catalyst for something positive (saving the valley, fixing the heart, etc) to be achieved? Yes. But I see little additional benefit in going after him then I do Gary, and a hell of a lot more risk.

- Slice

Agreed,
Trying to contain that force long enough to obliterate him is not wise. Similarly bad, without the proper preparations that quite frankly, only a few of us are capable of, etc, etc, I can give you a several hour long dissertation, We are likely to wipe the valley off of the face of Fortanis, and while I am a huge fan of destroying this place, I would much rather not get you all killed doing so.

Back