Damage Cap

Alkalin3

Knight
This has come up several times over several different events.

The Rule Book said:
Reduced Damage: Some monsters take less than full damage from physi- cal weapons or types of eldritch dam- age. Some monsters can even take a maximum amount of damage (a “dam- age cap”) from every blow.
The NPC must call “reduced” when using this ability to each new attacker but not necessarily to each individual at- tack.

As you can see this is vague. That's clearly intentional to allow plot to have different types of effects that fall under this. So we can make unique monters and entertain players.

Technically the call to this stuff is reduced. We often say Damage Cap X (Like Damage Cap 200) its for the players benefit. So you understand that your skill that took 200 build to get has an effect and you understand that it was 200 points of damage (Which is a *LOT* of damage).

We need to stop having these discussions mid combat. I'm happy to have my npcs call reduced instead. But, I think it's important for players to understand what big skills do when they have an altered effect. If an NPC does make a call about a damage cap, please respect this call. Only super power npcs have abilities like this, so believe me they've briefed as to how these abilities work.

Back