Damage immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I have a quick question with a magic item I have, it says im immune to disease but does that mean if a monster or something is attacking with disease damage like 2 disease am i immune to the damage or just the effect?

Just for your (and others') reference, the magic item in question is a non-standard LCO item, so this isn't exactly a common scenario for PCs.

Anywho, if you are immune to a carrier, you are immune to the entire effect. That said, you are immune to Disease while bearing the item, so if a creature is swinging for the Disease carrier, you are immune to not only the Disease effect, but the damage as well. You will call "No Effect" to it and take no effect.

~ Alexander
SoMN Rules Marshal, and the guy that put out said LCO bearer-is-immune-to-disease item as loot a few events ago

Welcome to Carriers, one of our weirdest mechanics!

Here's the way it works.

If a monster is swinging for 5 Disease and you have 18 Armor:

1) You'll take the first three shots, because an Effect doesn't matter until it would affect your body.

2) You now have 3 Armor.

3) On the next shot, you'll call "No effect." If you are immune to part of an attack, you're immune to all of it. Since the next shot would do damage to your body, and you're immune to Disease, you're immune to re damage, too.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how armor factors into it all. My bad.

So, in short: You'll call "No Effect" to an enemy swinging for Disease damage once that Disease damage would be dealing damage to your Body, but you will take the damage if you are just taking damage to your Armor.

If you need more explanation about how that all works, feel free to ask me at our event this weekend, Thorfain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back