Dark Elf hair

I can't speak for long hair but I have used hair white thus far. It works great in almost every instance with excepting to a heavy downpour which it did both of my first two events. However, my hair is short.

Yea, rain kinda sucks. What you can do for that is try and get like a shoulder hood thing. (I don't remember what its called) or have a cloak with a hood. It can impair your vision a little bit, but its worth it to save the hair generally.

I have always used hair white, and once again granted I have short hair partially for that reason, but its great.

Dreamingfurther said:
Yea, rain kinda sucks. What you can do for that is try and get like a shoulder hood thing. (I don't remember what its called) or have a cloak with a hood. It can impair your vision a little bit, but its worth it to save the hair generally.

The word you're looking for is "cowl", or "mantle" if it's without a hood, or "coif" if it's made of chainmail. I make them. :)

Cool, I may have to find you sometime at the next CT event and ask you if you have any recommendations for making those... because I'm thinking I might want to put one together for when it is raining so I don't have to have something as big as my cloak, but so that I don't have to worry about hair.

Dreamingfurther said:
Cool, I may have to find you sometime at the next CT event and ask you if you have any recommendations for making those... because I'm thinking I might want to put one together for when it is raining so I don't have to have something as big as my cloak, but so that I don't have to worry about hair.

You could also just add a hat or helmet.

Personally, if I think it's going to be even damp out, I use White Hair Glue. It stands up to just about anything, though does take a more vigorous scrubbing of shampoo to remove later. If it's going to be dry and cool, I use Ben Nye or Mehron hair white with a little silver mixed in for a slightly muted tone to it. Using Final Seal on it (Yes, on hair) does add to the hair white's resilience to the elements a fair amount.

Wig-wise, I've used one before and it cost about $80. I didn't have any problems with it, I've had it braided and unbraided before. You just need to be careful in its upkeep and it'll last plenty long.

And I am a strong supporter of hats, as well. Preferably large-brimmed fuzzy ones.

I have a wig cap to keep my equally stupid amount of hair in place, and then a cotton skullcap/scarf with white dreadfalls attached for my yet-to-be-played dark elf; it's worked out pretty well in testing so far.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Dreamingfurther said:

You could also just add a hat or helmet.

Well, the thing is that I enjoy having as little stuff on my head most of the time as possible. So having a temporary coif to throw on if its raining and stuff outside is really the most I'm looking for. And I enjoy showing off my obnoxiously makeup drenched white hair. ;)

Back