Database Down

norman b

Squire
Hi Everyone,

We had catastrophic system failure in our database. We are in the process of trying to recover it. Please bear with us while we work on getting everything re-updated. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alliance Oregon Logistics

Do you need us to resubmit character histories, build sheets, etc. to help the process?

No, it was a Microsoft Access crash. All of those things are saved as emails so we can review them in cases like this. We are working with our National Logistics Team to recover the database that was uploaded previously to the main servers. We will update everyone when this has been fixed.

Thank you!

Yaaaaaay National-level backups! And it looks like it got updated just a couple weeks ago, so hopefully you don't have too much to redo :)

This is why I made a big deal out of people signing in at check in when I was doing logistics. I had to do a recovery for Seattle bitd and it was a pain in the butt!

Always make sure you sign in and keep the most recent copy of your character card!

Yup. Nationals was able to pull it off for us. We have gotten back to Pre-Crash and able to get everyones characters printed. It was a day later than we wanted but we will have everything ready for event this weekend!!

Are you going to re-update the online database? Or should they be re-sync'd up at this point?

I am waiting on re-updating the online database. There were some hiccups with the database that was recovered, so I want to make sure that it is fixed before I try to upload anything else, just in case he has to pull another copy off or anything.

Back