Deadlands Newsletter

I realize there has only been 1 event, just wondering if Deadlands is planning on having a newsletter? Not exactly sure who would have the time to run a printer's press, but I love reading the ashbury times. just a question

"The Fever Grey Reporter"

The Finn Castle Dire Wolves suffered an embarrassing defeat to the Authenrai Griffins in high school sports this month, because I dominated them and took their shoes. Just a reminder, I'm going to enslave you all and crown myself king of a perpetual nightmare plane from which none can escape forever and always.

On the lighter side of the news, we have a case of Hobling Engulfs Howlbear. Details available on page Æviii.

comics in section D???

Let the smackdown commence.....

Something I found infinitely useful on the old forums was a sub-section for "news stories." If you could create a category under New Hampshire that restricts posts to only a few "writing staffer" members, I'm sure there are a handful of people that would be willing to post stories, or accept stories via email and edit them accordingly before posting.

I'll even volunteer to write and edit in an NPC capacity (as Ator cannot read and wouldn't do such a job if he could) if such a sub-forum is set up.

i would write anything but i have no idea what goes on so i'd only be good at doing the rumor paper which is not entirely informative in my opinion. I'd really like to see stuff like shane is talking about real news from and NPC type of situation nothing major obviously but something that lets those of us know who didn't go on the mini mods what went on and what was accomplished?

Tzydl Zhitelava said:
i would write anything but i have no idea what goes on so i'd only be good at doing the rumor paper which is not entirely informative in my opinion. I'd really like to see stuff like shane is talking about real news from and NPC type of situation nothing major obviously but something that lets those of us know who didn't go on the mini mods what went on and what was accomplished?

The only way you're going to get to know that is if the people that went actually submit something. It is not plot's job, nor should it be, to reveal what happened when a group of 6 to 8 went out of town to accomplish something. For example, I don't feel like sharing with every person in town what occurred when a group of us went to Jotunheim. There may have been racial plot during that encounter, and I prefer not to share my race's discoveries and secrets with every person in town.

Town-wide encounters and over-arching weekend plot revelations, however, certainly belong in stories such as this.

Also, the Shiny Dreadfuls isn't meant to be super informative. It's an in-game way of doing the traditional rumor sheets you see in a lot of chapters. Some of the stuff is true, some is false, and some is just filler. A pamphlet with two dozen lines of text is what it is. Don't expect every single detail of what happens during weekends to be included in them.

Also, if you want to know what's going on in the plot then get involved and pay attention. Become a useful member of the town and people will include you in discussions. If all else fails, ASK someone "what is going on, exactly?" They just might answer you.

Please observe the announcements section for the IG message board. If people desire to submit reports, essays, news, stories and recaps of recent events, that is where you will be able to find them. If you submit something that’s pretty good, you’ll be compensated with gobbies. The better the quality of the submitted item, the more gobbies you’ll receive.

Thanks,
Gary

Back