Dear Friends and Adventurers

Dearest friends and fellow adventurers some of the things I have heard within this dreamscape have frightend me. Have we all forgotten what we do this for? Did we all become adventurers to make money? No, we chose this way of life to help those who are not able to help themselves. But Alas, it seems the veil called greed has clouded our vision. It seems as though we no longer seek to help others but instead to push our personal agendas and to line our own pockets with gold. I ask all of you to take a step back and see what we have become as a collective. I know that I am as guilty of this as everyone else, but no longer. For the next year I vow to donate any and all treasure I recieve in Briarpass beyond that of my normal expenses. I ask all of you to make a similar vow. We must break this hold greed has on us and we must do it NOW. If we continue to follow this path I do not forsee a positive outcome. I hope you all take these words seriously.

Aeneaus Solrade

PoeticMisfit said:
Dearest friends and fellow adventurers some of the things I have heard within this dreamscape have frightend me. Have we all forgotten what we do this for? Did we all become adventurers to make money? No, we chose this way of life to help those who are not able to help themselves. But Alas, it seems the veil called greed has clouded our vision. It seems as though we no longer seek to help others but instead to push our personal agendas and to line our own pockets with gold. I ask all of you to take a step back and see what we have become as a collective. I know that I am as guilty of this as everyone else, but no longer. For the next year I vow to donate any and all treasure I recieve in Briarpass beyond that of my normal expenses. I ask all of you to make a similar vow. We must break this hold greed has on us and we must do it NOW. If we continue to follow this path I do not forsee a positive outcome. I hope you all take these words seriously.

Aeneaus Solrade

Aeneaus,

I applaud your actions, that you would donate your coin in such a way. The orphanarium has always been a favorite charity of mine. My proceeds from the fight against Anton Hoarfroast went there to support the orphans.

Deputy Rockfist

Actually, some've us -are- in this for the money, lad. Mercenary work pays well, especially in places like Briarpass without a local government strong enough to protect tha populace.

-Padraig

Wraith said:
Actually, some've us -are- in this for the money, lad. Mercenary work pays well, especially in places like Briarpass without a local government strong enough to protect tha populace.

-Padraig

Padraig,

True, true. I use the orphanage when I don't feel right accepting money from someone. That way the money's put to good use at least.

Deputy Rockfist

Too right. If'n you don't feel right 'bout keepin' it fer yerself, might as well see it goes to someone in need.

-Padraig

Fact of the matter is that just because people should get paid for the work they do doesn't make them greedy. The people taking the fair earnings of others is the epitome of greed. I am sick of seeing greed in our land. Everyone does hard work and they should be compensated for it. This is what I believe.

-Ark

Adventurers oft' are greedy wit' each ot'er and nye so much dhe townsfolk. Money comes n' it goes. When it goes you have food or a shiney magic t'ing for a while, but dhat is gone too...we would ne'er be paid if we trusted in reciprocity and dhe grace of dhose we help.

If you want a good cause, why nye Dramt'in's school? I hope one day to be a professor dhere and a school always needs supplies...books are expensive. It is where much of mine own earnings are going to go.

Ark,

I do not disagree with the fact that as adventurers we do deserve some payment for our services. We risk our lives on a daily basis. And to that extent I understand what are our lives worth? But even to that extent when treasure is distributed amongst adventurers it is not distributed fairly. The treasure is always obtained by those who can throw the most money at it. It never goes to the person who would be best able to use it. Instead it goes to some rich adventurer who already hoardes magical items. Sure, the other adventures get some money for this item, but of course the cost of these items are always the cost that the richer adventurers name. Everyone that goes out on these adventures all risk their lives but alas it seems the only ones rewarded well are those with money. It is a poor trend that I have seen develope... the rich get richer and the poor get screwed over. That being said I do not blame you for speaking up. Infact I applaud that you are willing to stand up for a percieved wrong. To start a fight based on the principals and not on the treasure is admirable. I just wish to remind you Ark, that as adventures if we stand divided we will surely fall.

Aeneaus

Back