Denver November Favorite Memories!

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Go post them!

I can get this ball rolling!

• The New Site - Jesse is not kidding when he says how good this site is. The multiple locations for both small and large battles, the ability to use areas even with bad weather conditions (never have I ever done that much running during or after a freezing rain!) and the myriad of cool terrain features are making this look to be the best site yet, and that doesn't even count the substantially better bunking conditions! See also - best NPC camp ever, super convenient NPC barracks beneath the (gigantic!) tavern building, super effective showers, flushing toilets, and more!
  • More site gushing! - Had a Saturday Morning walk that took us out pretty far - did anyone else find the box canyon and cave? We sure did, and I'd bet some madperson in plot would use it!
  • We had a smoother transition to the new rules in NPC camp than I expected - I feel like having to work with different cards all of the time made being flexible about new stuff that much easier.
  • Apparently, I've got the "important person pose" down very well, according to Belswin.
  • I did not get to RP any of the "came back wrong" characters myself, but reading the write-ups was super exciting. I hope we get to see more of these characters!
  • Seeing an 'old' Sylvanborn come rushing into battle with his sword and cane - great costuming and make-up for this character!
  • Actually, there were several really cool costumes this weekend from characters both new and old. In particular, the super-blue Dark Elf, basically all of the Sylvanborn, and more that I'm forgetting.
  • The 'craft skills matter' mod seemed like a good change of pace. I liked the twist on using production to help with puzzles, but I think the players would be a better resource for the good/bad of this idea...
  • The Vilker war camp/island fight. Easily, easily the most fun fight of the weekend. Our NPC solution to make this more interesting for everyone succeeded on several levels, I think - we certainly had a ton of fun on our end! Sorry for the United Blow, Finn - I wanted to play with those toys too :)
One thing I must mention is how freaking powerful the PCs seemed to be in this event - the game-players really went out of their way to show off what could be done in the new rules set. I hope you all had a blast pushing those envelopes - we were in awe of some of the things we saw!

Here's to next season!

Sorry for the United Blow, Finn - I wanted to play with those toys too :)
Hahaha, its all good. Sorry it took me so long to ultimately just fall over! I didnt realize any vilker had escaped to skirmish, so you took me totally by surprise, and my brain lept straight to my old rogue defenses. I totally forgot I had a couple Resolute still and just fell over after a couple sec of dumb state. Nicely done!

• New site is great so far! Huge awesome heated cabins. Icy death rivers were unfortunate but the soccer field worked great!
  • Barn cat and ranch corg!
  • Woke up Saturday morning with a nasty charley horse, thought "Gosh I hope I can still be useful without being able to run around today". Apparently yes!
  • Life's Ebb leaf stuff: Doing useful plot stuff as a mostly-crafter was a nice surprise. Think I managed to find all the related blue cards before breakfast. Except the one with all the herbs, but we got by somehow.
  • Managed to get through a mod card with only diplomacy. Saren being Arcane Fear'd by a mere goblin and slowly backing away while trying to maintain his cool, collected image was hilarious.
  • "Hey, let's pour this anti-outsider stuff in this unrelated anti-outsider stuff and test it on Blooming Germination!"
  • Thanks to that, I think we probably managed to end the event with no PCs affected by Unknown? That I know of...
  • Black vial hot potato
  • Knox, incredulously: "Markov has Alchemical Solvent?"
  • A few days before game talking about 2.0 undead changes; Emily: "Yeah but nobody throws cures at undead."; Friday night: *Throws cures at undead Emily*.
  • NPC shift as a Vilker earth channeler with dual relics was really fun, and it was super easy to remember all my abilities (Only channel!). NPC camp is going to need a nice set of relics and wands. Tactics advice for PCs: Shatter Relic/Wand.
  • The old sylvanborn family was great!
  • Return of the debt collectors. They're always fun to get intimidated by, but refinancing with a lender with more favorable rates was really the best move.
  • First group BGA!

Back