Digging a little deeper

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Greetings!

I thought I would provide an update on the current progress. The Company started from the tunnel that contained those gremlins, as the miners call them, and began to dig our way through. With the help of some explosives brought up from Gaden a large tunnel was uncovered. Seemed to be a mix of natural cavern and lead to some crumbled structures. Thanks to Mr. Gallentine and his lights, we found an intersection and some soft debris. Next step is to begin digging down those paths and see where it opens up. It's quite exciting.

From what Mr. Gallentine mentioned, one path had a sense of well...I think may he can describe it better, being his area of expertise.

The other had a feel of warmth, of heat, which could mean we're definitely close.

Thanks again to those that have arrived early, and we look forward to the rest in over a weeks time.

- Quentin

I wanted to provide a cautionary update but I dont think there is much concern...

A few Dwarves have gone missing, its likely nothing, perhaps extra long breaks? I just wanted to state we are looking into the matter and I hope its not a true issue.

We look forward to the rest of your arrivals.

Quentin

It can't be too good to have your workers disappearing on ya, I'll help get a party together to find them if they're not found before I get there.

-Erick Twoseeker, Wizard of Scrolls, Guildsmen of the Celestial Guild, Member of the Gryphon Guard

As Master Quentin has said, one of the caverns that the Company uncovered while I was there looked to be man made and had a sense of celestial magic coming from within. I could see some light coming from within as well. Those seem to move around slowly on the ceiling. I hypothesize that there were self-sustaining light spells enchanted to hang from the ceiling. Beyond that, I only know that I felt celestial magic from within.

Roy Rudari-Targosian-Gallentine

Ah! Interesting..... I'm skilled in Celestial magic and hearing that it plays a big part in this problem.... Can't wait to have a look, maybe I'll find some new scrolls!

-Erick Twoseeker, Wizard of Scrolls, Guildsmen of the Celestial Guild, Member of the Gryphon Guard

The Dwarf who allowed me accompany him into the mine, Conag, offered to let me make the first expedition into the area once he and his fellows make a stable entrance, perhaps at least partially because he was nervous about what they might find inside. If you introduce yourself to me at the gathering, I will do my best to include you when the time comes. I will most likely not be there until the second day of the gather.

- Roy Rudari-Targosian-Gallentine
Warlock of the Royal Celestial Guild of Gaden

Of course.. of course! It's always nice to meet others that work with our art! Out of all the jobs and paths out their...not including nercomancy we're the most disliked! I just don't get it... it's odd... really odd.

Yes, we have indeed cleared away the sections and should be good to explore both that tunnel and the other one that felt like heat was coming off of it. I thought my men said something about seeing another young mystic wood elf in the caves other than Ruby but I could have heard wrong. In any event, today will mark a glorious day in the history of The Sheltered Lands.

Quentin Denari

Back