Disguised Casting vs. Backlash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Count
Jonny Dirtcaster is surrounded by his friends, the Templars of Destroy All Necromancy.

He knows there's a Dracolich nearby, and he's about to cast an Earth Aura ritual. He doesn't want the Dracolich to sense that he's casting Earth Magic, so he goes and uses Ritual Manipulation - Disguised Casting.

But alas, it backlashes in his face....specifically, a backlash that makes the ritual appear to be necromantic in nature. As this could result in his friends murdering his face, Jonny Dirtcaster immediately asks a Marshal whether or not his Disguised Casting trumps the backlash effect.

My ruling would be "Disguised Casting specifically states that the aspect of the ritual is unknowable." Generally, the scroll trumps the rulebook, but in this case I think it's a matter of the scroll providing a situation, while the book resolves the situation, rather than the scroll winning regardless of the circumstances.
~Matt,
SEA/OR Marshal
(Probably not worth locking, someone will probably disagree with me in about 10 seconds. Maybe this should be a 'Theory' question...)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back