Do "Burst" magic items add to your burst pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davion

Scholar
Colorado Staff
So Burst magic items are available. Do they add to your burst pool for purposes of wand damage?

No, But they can be enhanced from your burst pool for bigger numbers.

Owner/Marshall
Alliance Southern Minnesota.

Upvote 0
No. But you may stack your Burst Pool Damage onto the Items burst Damage.

For Example: Nathan the bad *** Wizard has an item that allows him to do 30 points of elemental flame damage from an elemental burst ritual. He also has a 4 level 9 celestial spells and 400 points in his burst pool because he has a crap ton of rit levels and nothing better to do but make things go boom.

He can activate the item at it's normal 30 points of damage.... OR he can add any amount of additional damage in 5 point increments up to his max of 40 (per the rules of high magic) to make the item damage now: 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, or 70, so long as he subtracts that appropriate amount of damage from his pool.

So if he activates the item as a 70 elemental flame. his burst pool loses 40 points.

make sense?

-Robb Graves
Alliance Gettysburg
Head of Promotions
(yes that is a real staff position)
http://alliancegettysburg.com

Upvote 0
Yes, ty, this topic can be closed.

Upvote 0
While quick and consise answers are appreciated, only marshals should be answering rules questions (and including where they are such in the post or sig.)

Upvote 0
Not sure if you were referring to Lurin or me, since he is an owner (i think) who didn't include that info in his post, and I am not a Marshal, but am chapter staff and not dumb when it comes to the rules of magic.

The Forum Rules in Red above state:

Forum rules
The Responder to posts within this forum MUST be a Marshal, Chapter Staff, Owner or ARC and clearly post such in their Reply. Posts not so labeled will be removed.

Posts which are answered will be Locked. Discussions of answers should be moved to Rules Discussions.

So if you want MARSHALS only, you should have that text changed.

Upvote 0
'Chapter Staff' is fairly ambiguous. I would suggest this be limited to: Marshals, Owners, and ARC if we want it more selective

- Head of Rules, HQ and soMN

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back