Double Blade Questions

Dagonet

so, i have an issue. I don't know if a double blade would be acceptable but this is my fighting style of choice. For all those whom don't know what a double blade is, it is basically a staff and a sword on either side of the staff. If that doesn't make sense Google it :D. The total length will be 6'6", the handle will be 2'6" , either blade will be 2 feet, any suggestions? any rules that deter the making of this? is this type of weapon not aloud? I am new and i thank you for your assistance!

Dagonet said:
so, i have an issue. I don't know if a double blade would be acceptable but this is my fighting style of choice. For all those whom don't know what a double blade is, it is basically a staff and a sword on either side of the staff. If that doesn't make sense Google it :D. The total length will be 6'6", the handle will be 2'6" , either blade will be 2 feet, any suggestions? any rules that deter the making of this? is this type of weapon not aloud? I am new and i thank you for your assistance!

You would be looking at a quarterstaff at best. It can look like 2 swords, but the staff style is the only center grip weapon allowed.

The fighting style you are describing is one I personally enjoy but the Alliance ruleset is not conducive to it. A staff would be your best bet but they are heavily restricted. I would encourage you to read the free PDF rulebook on weapon combat, safety, and construction. A legit double blade, isn't a thing unfortunately.

http://alliancelarp.com/alliancerulebook.pdf

Back