Double Concentration Prison clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARC has determined the following clarification:
If a character loses the ability to use Game Abilities while they have a Concentration effect active, the Concentration effect is broken.
This means that such things as Prison, Sleep, Nausea, Paralysis, etc. will all break a Magic Storm, Repel, or other Concentration effect.
-Bryan Gregory
ARC
I foresee problems when a concentration effect is started while under one of these effects (whether by activating a magic item or by using Magic Augmentation).
For example, if I start a Magic Magic Storm while Nauseated, does my concentration immediately end (thus making concentration spells effectively unusable under the very 'no game skills' effects that they're supposed to trump)? If I'm mid-magic storm and get Nauseated, can I continue throwing packets if it was an Activateable Magic Storm but not if it was a cast Magic Storm? (That sounds like Hold bait, but not after people get used to it, I guess.) Does this change for a SS Magic Storm?

This question has already been answered here:

viewtopic.php?f=98&t=16752

As noted in the other thread, you cannot maintain a Concentration effect while under a "No Game Abilities" effect. Yes, this actually means exactly what it says. Closing this thread as a duplicate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back