Dragon Orbs

Adventurers of Erabella,

I know many of you are familiar with the Dragon Orbs that have been appearing lately. We encountered one Friday night this past gathering which led us to discover more about their nature. I would like to share some of it with everyone.

These orbs contain memories that once belonged to dragons and radiate magic related to the emotion contained within that memory. The one we encountered on Friday contained a such a rageful memory that I was overcome by it as I viewed it and drove me to attack everyone nearby. I was not in control of myself but that does not heal wounds, so I would like to apologize to anyone I may have injured.

After this first discovery, we used a seek the whole ritual on one of the orbs we have collected to find the dragon it had come from and that is where we made a more substantial discovery. Dragons in most lands are capable of performing magic beyond the capabilites of ritual magic. This type of magic is typically referred to as Dragon Magic. From speaking to this dragon we learned that in order to use Dragon Magic in Evodia, a dragon gives up or loses a portion of their memory. This memory somehow becomes encapsulated in what we have been calling Dragon Orbs. The dragon we spoke to was aware of the memory loss and intimated that it had been a natural part of its life for as long as they remembered, but had no idea that the memories were being stored this way.

We still do not know why they are spontaneously appearing in Erabella nor do we know if the memory encapsulation phenomenon is natural. My theory is that Evodir somehow created this phenomenon either to pacify the dragons or to use their memories as a catalyst for something, or perhaps both. Regardless, we know that Evodir had a system for collecting them with his constructs and there are a number of them residing in his vault.

A possible next step to take would he locating them in the vault and attempting to discover what Evodir used the Dragon Orbs for. If someone from the Seekers guild or someone interested in learning more about the Dragon Orbs would like to look into this it would be much appreciated. Please contact me directly and I will provide as many concrete details as I can.

Zen Mallowbrooks
Administrator of the Town Box

Back