Dragon stamps Q&A

Cúangol

Artisan
Question: lets say I cast a ritual in game. Can I then spend dragon stamps to put a preserve duration on it, before the next event? (Or before the event that I cast the ritual?) Or is the intent that purchasing preserve duration with dragon stamps is only to extend other simultaneous dragon stamp purchases?

Question: lets say I cast a ritual in game. Can I then spend dragon stamps to put a preserve duration on it, before the next event? (Or before the event that I cast the ritual?) Or is the intent that purchasing preserve duration with dragon stamps is only to extend other simultaneous dragon stamp purchases?

The later. The preserve on the Dragon Stamp list is for rituals that you've created with Dragon Stamps from the list. You can how ever add rituals to an existing magic item. It just needs an additional extender for the new rits.
I'd also point out that after casting a ritual in game, you have only a short amount of time to start the next ritual on the item or it by default becomes a 20 LP item.

I'd also point out that after casting a ritual in game, you have only a short amount of time to start the next ritual on the item or it by default becomes a 20 LP item.

Though, Boost Duration is a thing, so it’s probably a good clarification to have.

Thanks.

Some related questions:
1). There is no rule against using dragon stamps to add an effect to an existing magic item, right?
2). There is no rule against using a ritual scroll to put a new affect on an existing item that was created using dragon stands, right?
(Both as long as the 20 total ritual Is not exceeded)

3). For example, one could get a preserved spirit link, and then use that to cast a variety of shorter rituals over the years which would all be spirit linked to you, right?

In summary: there is no difference between items created using ritual scrolls and dragon stamps, right?

As long as the item's ritual count limit isn't hit, yes, all of that is fine.

For point #3, in case it isn't clear, the rituals that you cast later would be a distinct batch with its own shorter duration.

If you're thinking about buying a Preserve with DS, keep in mind that it's cost effective to pack as many rituals in there as you can.

Back