Driving 1/30-2/1

elliotbay

Knight
Marshal
My potential Eugene carpools have not responded by e-mail, so I'd like to make a broad request for a ride to the event on the weekend of Jan. 30. I do not own any method of motor transportation, and I'm really not fit enough to ride my bike there (I just about died when I rode my bike to Corvallis). I'm coming from Eugene, but I can take the Greyhound to Salem if someone can pick me up there. There are buses that arrive at 3:00, 5:45, and 7:50, and I can take the bus back as well. Either post here or PM me if you feel like doing a good deed or defraying gas costs. My brother can't make it (he would be coming from a different direction anyway), so it'll be just me and one or more backpacks.

Only in a vague sense. I've never transported myself there, but I could always look at a map.

So, here's my deal: I've found a sub for the basketball game I would otherwise be playing (trumpet) for that weekend, but the friend who has a car and was going to try this out with me is now known as my ex-girlfriend, and given that she has a game too, and she really only wanted to try it out to see if it's something we could have fun doing together, that driving option is out. My mother has a meeting at that time, not that she would necessarily want to drive me there herself. She has offered to let me borrow her car, but that would involve bussing up to Portland, either getting a ride or catching the Max to her house, and driving back the opposite direction. Here we run into the same thing as last event, where I don't get to show up until midnight or so, not to mention the getting back to Eugene part in time for classes the next day, so if it came down to that option, I would be disinclined to take it.

The main thing I'm trying to say here is that I'm depending on the kindness of strangers to make my first Alliance experience happen. It would be bitterly ironic if I could not play a game based in the middle(ish) ages because of not owning a crazy, explosion-powered horse.

Back